Sky3ds and Online, what are my options?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KingxHyruler, Feb 12, 2015.

1. KingxHyruler
    OP

KingxHyruler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    So my Sky3ds is getting here on friday and with all the "Ban Hammer" subject going on I was wondering if I would need to install my own Private Header, if so can I get the private header with a sky3ds and a legit retail cart? (for example Pokemon Y)

2. TheSockNaster

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    If I were you I would stay at the version you are at use the sky3ds and never update or else they could of patched it, but no they will not be able to ban you unless you update it and they find the sky3ds files or if you give it to them to repair. (if you wanna update the 3ds with sky3ds take out the sd card and sky3ds then update and if you wanna repair it do the same thing). Whatever you do. Try your hardest not to go online so much on the game (They can detect it that way).

3. TheSockNaster

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    So basically the answer is no. If you follow my instructions properly then you increase the chance of not being banned 9.5/10.

4. Radxical

Radxical Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    If your 3ds is on an older version (9.2), then you can do the gateway exploit to dump the header from a legitimate game card. Apparently, no gateway card needed to do this.

Otherwise, find someone who DOES have an outdated 3ds firmware and try it on theirs. It's fairly hard to find someone willing to give you their header.

KingxHyruler likes this.
  5. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I'm on 9.5 so I pretty much have to stay offline whenever I use my Sky3ds it seems

6. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    002-0102 ban is irreversible.
    So don't take the risk yourself.

Furthermore, 002-0102 is a server ban, it doesn't exist on your console so you're never able to remove it.

7. Radxical

Radxical Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. On 9.5, using sky3ds.

You can:
    • Use street pass / spot pass
    • Leave Wifi on. E-shop, internet browser, and any retail game that you own (like a retail cart of Smash Bros) will work online
    • Use friends list
    • Play games that have online capabilities (like smash bros, animal crossing, pokemon) OFFLINE**. I still have Wifi toggled on and my friends can check their friendslist to see that I'm playing Animal Crossing, but I risk running a ban if I use the game's online capabilities

vincecartercrazy and cvskid like this.
  8. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    ohh ok, so you can still use your 3ds online just not Roms on your sky3ds, I'll just turn my wifi off when I play on sky3ds then

9. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Take the easy route and find out.

10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Sorry, I come to do my Grammar Nazi rounds of the night.
    My question here is why? Why?
    I have seen this so often lately and I cannot understand why young Americans like to write "could of".

PS: Of course maybe that is actually correct grammar but I am so old and grumpy that I haven't noticed out of senility.

KingxHyruler likes this.