Sky Broadband UK?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine's getting it installed next week, I'll get back to you
smile.gif
In the meantime, have a look around http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ (formerly adslguide.org)

Jaunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had it for a few months or whenever it was announced and it has been pretty awesome.
it was a bit on and off for the first week or 2 but these days it's constant at around 6.5gbps.
the max my line can do is 7.5 so i'm not complaining.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Cool, I decided i might aswell give thier upto 16meg service a go, for £10 a month it beats 8meg on AoHell who decide to cap my speeds every night down to 0.5meg.

thinkbroadband.co.uk is a goldmine for broadband info, I've been reading thier boards for a while whenever i need techincal help.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone here use them? Wanted to know what there service is like. Thanks

skyBroadband.co.uk

package good deals..

£15 for sky + £10 for 16mb Broadband = £25pm

sky are pretty Slow in some area, the more sky customer in your area the slower ratio connection.
service mostly busy - if you compare with Aol (uk) they are suck (they only have 4 tech support out of XX,XXX,XXX user)

bethere.co.uk

£25pm for 24mb Broadband ADSL 2 = excellent
however their contract are crap! after a year contract you need to send them a "letter" within 3 months they ask you to send your router back to them.

*No Static IP address.. (I think)
service mostly busy.....

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the first month you will get the advertised connection, but after that your speed will go down (if mine and a couple of my friends' experiences are anything to go by). I got the 8Mb/s package and in the first month that was the speed I was consistently getting, but since then it seems to go no higher than 4Mb/s. It's still fast enough for me, but I just thought I should let you know.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've currently got it and its a pile of shit. People on the helpline dont know what the're talking about and every now and again they mess up my bill and charge me double.

Best service I've ever had was Telewest, never had a problem with them when I had them for a year and looking forward to get them back next month.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im planning on switching too lol any advice? I was looking at the sky option that was unlimited (since we already have sky boxes).

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bethere.co.uk

£25pm for 24mb Broadband ADSL 2 = excellent
however their contract are crap! after a year contract you need to send them a "letter" within 3 months they ask you to send your router back to them.

No, you have no minimum contract with be, but you need to give 3 months notice. You can do an 'express' one-month cancellation for £50 too.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't get sky broadband. You seen the adverts, you get up to 8 megabits download speed. Which is about 1mb. Every other provider its up to 1mb
laugh.gif
What makes me laugh the most is they still show the same advert.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't get sky broadband. You seen the adverts, you get up to 8 megabits download speed. Which is about 1mb. Every other provider its up to 1mb
laugh.gif
 What makes me laugh the most is they still show the same advert.

8Mb/s is the £5 per month package, for £10 you get 16Mb/s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.