OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
biggrin.gif

i don't want the health and safety screen. is there a method to remove it without flashing?
are there risks?

thank you
biggrin.gif

EDIT: i have a ds phat

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way is to flash it. Sorry to say.

A good tool to use, is just to get a ear swab/QTIP (some people have different sayings), and cut off one of the cotton parts, and cover the snipped end, in foil. And use that bridge the circuits.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i read somewhere that resetting settings and at the end of the configuration powering off without pressing a and setting autoboot works, but i don't know if it works or if there are risks

DOLwm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dolwm.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
-Blaziken- said:
hi
biggrin.gif

i don't want the health and safety screen. is there a method to remove it without flashing?
are there risks?

thank you
biggrin.gif

EDIT: i have a ds phat

What's wrong with the Health and Safety screen? Isn't your health and safety the number ONE priority!!!

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes but it is pretty useless if you know it like a poetry at school
sleep.gif
''

excuse me for my bad english

*edit: excuseme for the double post
frown.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That resetting settings thingy you mentioned is bullcrap. Flashing is not that hard or dangerous, at first I was scared of it too but once I did it I was surprised by how easy it was.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Overlord Natie said:
That resetting settings thingy you mentioned is bullcrap. Flashing is not that hard or dangerous, at first I was scared of it too but once I did it I was surprised by how easy it was.
Same here as long your ds is fully charged and your charger is plugged in, nothing bad will happend.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Natie said:
this is true. I felt the same way when I was doing it but after it was done it seemed to simple and effortless.

I suggest you get a tooth pick and cut off the pointy end, then wrap it with a few layers of tin foil and you'll have a good flashing tool.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record messing up when flashing an original DS is damn hard to do and you gain a failsafe boot but a few percentage points into flashing an original DS (I forget the exact numbers), DS lite is easier to mess up but if you follow instructions then you should be safe.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, but if i'll need in the future to send my ds to Nintendo for repair i'll have to noflash with risk brick because on the original firmware there's not recovery boot
frown.gif

also a+b+x+y+start+select boots slot1, right?
start+select is also the combination to the recovery mode on the cyclods evolution ç_ç
can I use my ezv 3in1 as a slot 2 flashcard to flash my ds?

is flashing my ds really useful?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
it used to be incredibly useful, now it's just good for removing the splash and safety warning, and providing you with recovery if you happen to load a game/homebrew with an embedded bricker.

edit: having a hard time typing, it's 5am

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
You're the guy wanting to get rid of the health screen. It also might add a variable backlight if you have a later model DSphat. It also means you can boot your slot2 in DS mode without a passcard (i.e. booting it from your slot-1 card)

And why would you send it into nintendo for repair? Your DSphat is years old and way out of warranty. Ninty charge a bomb for repairs.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i want to flash
biggrin.gif

but to boot a slot2 cartridge in nds mode it adds a button?

if it powers off when i'm flashing can I use my ez v 3in1 for recovery?

i know viruses for ds are only two and the probability to get a bricking homebrew is nearly at 0% but i get lots of homebrews a day and it's better if i can recover than if i can't

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/

That site has most of the information you need.

The installer quickly installs a fail-safe recovery in case the installer fails and the DS is almost bricked. This is done by holding start and select and will automatically boot either your slot-1 or slot-2 card allowing the installer to be run again. There are 4 versions. AutoBoot and no-autoboot along with their respective stealth versions. The Autoboot version will automatically boot the slot-2 card if there is NDS software found on it. If not it will boot the NDS firmware. In the no-autoboot version this is replaced and it will only autoboot when select is held.

I'm considering doing this to rid myself of the health screen but am scared of bricking my beloved 3-4 year old DS. (it would crush my soul). I suggest checking your DS firmware version just to see what you could gain from flashing your DS (information on how can be found on the wikipedia page linked to on the Flashme site). If your DS is v5 or over it can add extra brightness options to it. I believe mine is a v2 so all I gain is loss of the health screen.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mine is v3, so i won't have more brightness options. (green screen on pictochat)

but when shorting sl1 are there probabilities to short something i must not short too?

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
It warns you against that but I honestly cannot see any way you could manage such a thing. The SL1 junction is the only thing visible in that hole and there is a wall of plastic all the way down to it (as far as I can make out). Some other people might be able to tell better than me if there's anything else you could short down that hole.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Overlord Natie said:

why is it bullcrap?

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From AKAIO FAQ. (Wikitemp)
QUOTE said:
  • How can I skip the Health & Safety Screen and boot directly to my Acekard?
Short of flashing your NDS firmware with FlashME you can attempt the soft-mod trick.[*]On your DS (with no cart inserted), click the DS icon at the bottom center of the screen to get to the system settings.
[*]Click the wrench icon then arrow icon and set the DS to Auto Mode.
[*]Turn off the DS and remove your battery for about 15-20 seconds to clear volatile data.
[*]Replace the battery and go through the DS set-up , but when it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead.
[*]Thats it, now just insert the Acekard and turn on your DS. Now it will effectively auto-boot straight into the Acekard menu.You will lose access to pictochat and download play until you complete initial setup (undoing this soft-mod), though.
The process is fully reversible by booting into the firmware menu and redoing the settings.

For more information on FlashME, read these links:
[*] Installing FlashME on a NDSL
[*] Installing FlashME on a NDSPhat
[*] FlashMe Official Download Page

Anyway, I tried to do it, on a DSL and it didn't work (maybe I didn't do it properly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol