Hacking Skip the safety warning - without flashing

Nitro Edd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this is probably a well known trick but I just figured it out so I'll share anway
yay.gif

Well the boot-up screen on the nintendo ds looks something like this
se86si.jpg

first off remove the battery to restore it to system settings.
Upon rebooting it will prompt you for time, date etc...
complete the questions until you reach the birthday question, and instead of giving it an answer turn the DS off, all the settings are saved.

insert a game(or flash card)

and the boot-up should now look like this (sorry bad quality)
15qvgx5.jpg

it plays the DS logo thing and the boots the game automatically (no "touch here to continue" thing)

of course you cannot access the DS OS, but I never use anything in there anyway (except the DL and play sometimes)

I know that some flash cards skip the safety message but I own a acekard and it does not.

pretty useless trick
biggrin.gif

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Neat. I don't like the idea of corrupting the native OS, though. So I'd rather look for a flashcard-based skip. Is there any way that can be done with AKAIO?

Nitro Edd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this doesn't corrupt the OS on the DS or DSL

if you were to boot the DS without a cartridge inserted it would re-prompt you for all the details again.

and I use AKAIO

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, you can even enter the birthday and pull the switch instead of acknowledging the "the system will be shut down" message with A. Enables you to configure every setting. Us CycloDSers have been doing that for ages.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that you can make it go straight to the game right? (I think it's in the system settings probably around the birthday)

Nitro Edd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't think you understand how it works

you trick the DS into thinking it is 'brand-new' so that it skips the health and safety message

yet you can still change date & time (DS internal OS settings) for flash card use

it doesn't actually affect you DS OS you just trick it,
rebooting the system without a cartridge and reseting all the systems settings normally will change the OS back to normal

comprendo?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool but I like the safety screen on the DS, it bugs me when I turn on the DS and I don't hear the jingle. Although I suppose here you hear it I guess, but when you flash it you dont.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so if you turn in on after doing this and you have no card in, it acts like its a first time turn on? Interesting. Does it work if you just go to settings, change birthday then power off without saving it, instead of having to remove battery first? Could you make a video of it, I dont really want to risk doing it to my DS, just in case
biggrin.gif

Nitro Edd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SifJar said:
so if you turn in on after doing this and you have no card in, it acts like its a first time turn on? Interesting. Does it work if you just go to settings, change birthday then power off without saving it, instead of having to remove battery first? Could you make a video of it, I dont really want to risk doing it to my DS, just in case
biggrin.gif

guess I could make a video, when I get home though

and it wouldn't be that great quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr