Hacking Skins/Themes for R4DS SDHC?

paulvh96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know how to put skins/themes on a R4DS SDHC?
I tried many different ways but I can't seem to get it working.

If you want to know which R4DS SDHC I have, this is the website: www.r4-v.com

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, that cart looks like a really bad choice. Wasn't updated since sometime past year and I just downloaded the firmware and it seems there are no skin files there. Maybe it's unskinable too.

Have you tried installing other firmwares, like the DSTT one or YSMenu?
Maybe if you can find what is a clone of then you'll have luck installing other firmwares and then skins too.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This R4 is a DSTT clone.

As a matter of fact, you can run their kernel directly on a real DSTT as is. It's actually YSMenu and Moonshell with a special front end loader.

I would suggect to just download as use the DSTT v1.17a12 kernel, or a YSMenu build made out of it. Both are easy enough to skin.

If you really wanted to use the kernel download from r4-v.com , just get whatever YSMenu skins you like and put them in the SYSTEM folder. You will need to rename them.......

YSMenu1.bmp -> FRAMEUP.CCC
YSMenu1.bmp -> FRAMEBT.CCC

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
Oh, stupid me, I didn't see the TTMENU files in the archive.

The file named TTMENU.DAT is not the DSTT kernel nor YSMenu though. It's a custom menu that launches YSMenu (_DS_MENU) and Moonshell (_DS_MSHL.DS).

You can actually use that file with any DSTT as a YSMenu/Moonshell launcher if you don't mind how ugly it is. I've seen other versions of this file with a little better looking skins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu