OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i bought an r4 ultra from dealextreme.com
and the site on the box is www.r4ultra.com
only thing is the skins dont work
pressing select doesnt change the skin, and if i download skins from ndstheme.com they dont work either

can someone help?

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know its a clone, to be perfectly honest my buddy bought it
i use an m3 real and run sakura
he bought it cause it was super cheap
anyways i figured it would essentially the same thing as a real r4
but apparently not. all the graphics look garbled and messed up

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i lol @ noobs who buy unofficial products.

I recommend

R4
CycloDS

Screw M3.

There is no R4-III or R4-Ultra or Anything. It's R4. That's it. Just R4.

Also for Slot-2

EZ-Flash 3-in-1

Any Slot-1 Card will work as a passme.

gawd.

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i dont really care if i get em working or not
and as for the m3 comment i havent had an issue with them before
and i use an m3 lite perfect for my slot 2 device
i knew it was a clone but it was already to late and he went ahead and ordered another one for his girlfriend

weaselds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is probably completely well know but if you download a program called gimp from cnet it is an immage editor and can convert any of the regular r4 themes to the 16 bit format needed for the r4 ultra.

download and install gimp then download what ever theme you want. select the 4 files that make up the theme and right click on them it should have the option open with gimp. open the file then do a save as do not change the name and click ok untill you get to the window with the advanced button it. click on the 16 bit option that says x1 r5 g5 b5 and overwrite the regular one this file will work for the r4 ultra themes. should take you no more than a minute to covert the 4 bitmaps from a theme. gl
rolleyes.gif

kirbymania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought an r4 ultra nd love it i bought supercardone for my othr ds and tried the cheap r4 on my sons and have had no problems! it runs my games and all my dgps perfectly. im no noob ive been on the scence a few years now and if you want a cheap functioanl card i highly recommenrd the r4 ultra, i have noticed most people that have troubles with it are useing the wrong software, not the r4 ultra software. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles of the supercard one, but it does everything i want it to no problems. to change the r4 skins convert the pics to 16 bit like stated above. on the r4 card you will see like 10 themes folders. delete the contents out of theme 1 and put the theme you want in it. i havent found a way to cycle maualy so everytime you want to change themes you have to put the new one you want to use in theme one folder everytime. but hey for 6 bucks ill do it

Valashas7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the above steps over and over again and it's still not working for me. Any ideas? I've even tried replacing all 12 themes with the same theme and then my theme just goes all purple with no other options for me. Help!!

buggers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weaselds said:
this is probably completely well know but if you download a program called gimp from cnet it is an immage editor and can convert any of the regular r4 themes to the 16 bit format needed for the r4 ultra.

download and install gimp then download what ever theme you want. select the 4 files that make up the theme and right click on them it should have the option open with gimp. open the file then do a save as do not change the name and click ok untill you get to the window with the advanced button it. click on the 16 bit option that says x1 r5 g5 b5 and overwrite the regular one this file will work for the r4 ultra themes. should take you no more than a minute to covert the 4 bitmaps from a theme. gl
rolleyes.gif

hi tried this it was very useful and every thing worked except now the color in my display is screwed up any ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse