Skinning Mediaplay-Extend

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Sweater Fish Del, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007
  1. Sweater Fish Del
    OP

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Now that we can use Moonshell on the G6, most people are using that now, I guess, but I still like Mediaplay-Extend better for the things I need.

The built in Help & Support file has always said that Mediaplay-Extend could be skinned, but wasn't that specific on how to do it exactly and for some reason the G6 people never replied to requests for more details. So I had to figure it out myself. It wasn't that hard really.

Here's a link to a custom skin I made to match the G6 Touchpod main interface.

Custom Mediaplay-Extend skin

It requires the most current version of Mediaplay-Extend, which I included in the zip.

Anyone else who wants to make their own skin for Mediaplay-Extend should be able to figure out how to do it from those files. Remember, you can have more than one skin (in folders named, system1, system2, etc.) and choose between them from within Mediaplay-Extend.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

...word is bondage...

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Oh you rock so hard!
    I too use this over moonshell, due to the text reader & background music.
    Thank you Sweater Fish!

3. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    That's awesome, I've tried to email them before about how to get this to work but they would respond as if they didn't know what I was talking about.

4. Drackel

Newcomer Drackel Member

United States
    Anyone know how to get this nice skin to work with the new 2.2 loader? Now that they have compiled the mediaplayestend together?

What I find really funny is the fact that the background skin from this is the background to the new pdaDS that came out.

5. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i think that it is the mediaplay-extend of g6lite. does anyone know if it's possible to do also on g6real? if yes, i have some work to do eheh [​IMG]

6. Drackel

Newcomer Drackel Member

United States
    Nope, I got it to work [​IMG]

Me stupid and forget to select the skin in mediaplay. Duh

7. pootman

Newcomer pootman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Sorry to be a complete divvy, but (for g6ds real) once you've created the 'system1' folder, does it go in the 'system' folder of the 2.2 loader? or does it need to be in a mediaplayextend folder?

ps @ Bergunzo, really like your XP skin, i'd love to have a mpe skin to match.

8. Drackel

Newcomer Drackel Member

United States
    Yes Bergunzo, please match the skin of Vista to Mediaplay and pdaDS
    All we need are the two back drops for Mediaplay and then the background for pdaDS [​IMG] It would benice to have a somewhat overall theme.

Pootman, as far as what I did, I left everything as was in 2.2v and just copied the files from the system DIR in the zip file to the system DIR on the cart and then picked that skin in mediaplay

So I never had a DIR named System1, hope that helps.

9. pootman

Newcomer pootman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It does, thanks.

pdaDS is skinnable too?

PS putting MPE skins in folders 'system1' etc in root of card allows many skins.