Skinning Built-in Moonshell

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Xeronage, Apr 6, 2008.

Apr 6, 2008

Skinning Built-in Moonshell by Xeronage at 1:49 PM (1,912 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Xeronage
    OP

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

What folders do you have to put the skins in for the built-in moonshell? I completely forgot >_>

EDIT: Damn, Forgot to tell it's the M3Real

2. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The M3DS Real's moonshl is not really that, it's an application called Mediaextend. Try putting the DESKTOP.BMP, ICON0.BMP through ICON6.BMP, FILEBACK.BMP, TEXTBACK.BMP into the SYSTEM folder, then in Mediaextend, Settings>Skin>and now you should see /SYSTEM

I'm not sure if it will work [​IMG]

3. tguellich

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    Put them in a folder called system1 on the root of your card.

4. shinset

Newcomer shinset Advanced Member

where did you get skin for media extend ? you can t use moonshell skin right ?

5. Xeronage
    OP

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Seeing how MediaExtend is based on it? You can use a derivative of it.

6. shinset

Newcomer shinset Advanced Member

did you finally manage to change your skin ? I cant find how to and where to get skin for M3Real's media extend

I tried with a skin for M3Lite media extend from GBATMW but it doesn't work

7. tguellich

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    Here is the link to the only skin I have ever been able to find for Media Player Extend. You can use this to begin modifying your own and sharing them with all of us. Please. [​IMG]

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Moonshell_skins

You could also email the maker and ask how and where he figured out how to do it, if he has more, etc.

8. vt102

Newcomer vt102 Member

United States
    It is possible to skin the M3 Real media extend player......sort of. All you have to do is get a moonshell skin, and place it in the root of your micro SD card. Name the
    file System 1, System 2, and so forth. Once you are in the media extend, go to the skin option, there should be the default (internal), now there should be the other skins. Once you select it, it will take you back to the main screen. Go back into the media extend, and it should be skinned, well except for the top screen. It only seems to work with the bottom screen. If anyone can figure out how to get the top screen to work, post up here. Thanks in advance. Hope this helps.