SkateBIRD release date pushed back to September

Game delays are hitting the industry left and right, be it massive AAA games, or small indie titles. Such is the case with SkateBIRD, the game where you, as a small bird, take up skateboarding and pull off stunts in bird-sized skateparks. Developer Glass Bottom Games released a new trailer for the game, serving as an announcement that the game won't be making its August 12th launch date, and will instead be delayed by a month. This is being done in order to make sure SkateBIRD launches on all platforms at the same time, with the extra time being dedicated to getting all the certifications for their respective platforms in order. SkateBIRD will now be launching on Steam, itch.io, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series, and Amazon Luna on September 16, 2021.

LeeNose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah this was quirky for a while, but I honestly thought that this had released already. The delay made it kind of off-putting since it isn't even *that* interesting.

Reactions: Xzi

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited for it a while ago, but looking at gameplay trailers, it looks way too janky. A shame, the premise was fun but it's gonna be floaty mess you can't control well. THUG Pro it is.
If only thugpro had goals. I'm sure this is going to stink, can't beat thps

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this was quirky for a while, but I honestly thought that this had released already. The delay made it kind of off-putting since it isn't even *that* interesting.
Yeah you can't reveal "joke" games so early and expect people to maintain interest through to release. Goat Simulator and its various expansions were fun precisely because they were dropped on us with very little notice. And of course even those only packed a few hours of entertainment each.

Reactions: LeeNose

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive honestly never heard of this one and while I think the idea is solid and if executed well would be great fun. But the trailer does NOT excite me. The physics don't look tight, the camera looks too buttery, and the art style leaves me wanting more. There is so much fun in the overall idea but none of that is shown off. Wheres the story? Show me wacky fun characters I genuinely want to get to know. Show off a skateboard trick or 2 and give us some gameplay footage.

The concept is strong and has appeal, but the trailer has me worried that the final product wont be everything it could/should be. Hopefully the delay gives the devs enough time to really improve on this title.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it ends up being great, but this really does seem like a meme game that overstayed its welcome. If they shipped long ago it would've probably done well on the meme/viral energy alone, despite any jankyness. But personally speaking, I feel like I've already played and gotten bored of it from all of the gifs and stuff I've seen floating around for years.

But shipping games is hard, and I completely sympathize with these people and hope they're successful. It's still a really cool idea for a game.

Reactions: Pipistrele

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: