Skate_3_RF_XBOX360-CCCLX

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Scene Releases' started by FAST6191, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010

Skate_3_RF_XBOX360-CCCLX by FAST6191 at 3:06 PM (2,287 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I might do a full writeup tomorrow but for now a single post, one of my most anticipated games this side of the summer drought.

<b>Skate_3_RF_XBOX360-CCCLX</b> just pre'd

Region free apparently and CCCLX are a good group so chances are this is not a p2p repack.
    Street date is not due for another couple of days (11th in the US and 14th in Europe)

For those new to the series as the title implies they are about skateboarding and they are most notable for the control scheme they use.

Random youtube clip

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B4QhpzV1Cw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B4QhpzV1Cw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It is co-op but online and system link only:
    <a href="http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1398/xbox-360/skate-3.html" target="_blank">http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1398/xbox-360/skate-3.html</a>

NFO

2. JohnLoco

Member JohnLoco GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    ugh i suck at skate, wtb a new tony hawk with zero gravity.

3. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    I find that's the fun of the Skate series. Get a small group of friends together and take turns tackling some rad trick spot (or whatever the kids are calling it these days). But the rule is, you all have to be horrible at the game. No practicing at home or anything like that.

Good times. Good falls.

4. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Put in a couple of hours so first impressions (which are good):

Plays (and looks) like a well polished game of skate2 (which in turn played like a polished game of skate 1), I have not done many challenges yet so no comment there- previews say it plays like the team section at the end of skate 2.

Dark tricks are available (darkslide, dark catch and what have you) as well as underflips but the NFO told you that. No flatland to speak of beyond the manuals and the like.

Variable difficulty which is quite nice (you actually have to hold a grind and time an ollie properly)

New city entirely- obviously will take several days to master the whole thing but what I have seen says there are loads of little pockets with interesting things in and it has lost some of the "perfection" feel (rails will occasionally have lips on the bottom that throw you off, you may not be able to ollie every gap from one push). System link is in this time round but I have not tried it yet.

The backing music is pretty good (perhaps not as strong as skate 2 or early tony hawks games) but a nice addition is the skip track/reset track on the same menu as markers.

Off board you run considerably faster, can actually jump and all round it is nicer.

I thought skate 2 was brilliant and this looks set to top that.

5. akula169

Newcomer akula169 Newbie

Does anyone know how to get system-link co-op working?

In game, all I see are Live co-op modes. It's looking like what is on the co-optimus listing might be wrong.

6. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Now that the Tony Hawk series is in sort of a downhill jam as of late (see what I did there?), I might just have to try the Skate games.

7. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    no [​IMG]

... gave this a crack, not bad.

8. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

I f-ing love the Skate series. When I can´t skate, because it´s raining, I play it.

Too bad I have my exams the coming weeks, so it isn´t a good idea to just burn or buy this game now to play it. I am buying it as soon as my exams are over.

Maybe some people want to create a team?

Edit: Anyone having trouble with Skate 3 Hardcore mode? I really have to get used to how slow you roll and how much better you need to aim to be able to ollie onto a handrail to grind. I think the problem is that I am too used to Skate 2 and how easy everything is in that game.