sites to buy manga?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Splych, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Splych
    OP

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    so i am aware of buying manga over at Chapters/Indigo/Coles over here at Canada . though i find that they're pretty expensive (cheapest i've seen is $9 , while some can range up to $20+) .
    is there any place where i could buy manga for a cheaper price ? i am looking for Reborn! and Rave Master particularly . though i'd say i would want it new , the books at the bookstore aren't technically "packaged" so i wouldn't mind used though . just has to be in mint if not like new condition .

i've checked out Amazon, and have no interest in checking sites where people have owned them already [ie. eBay, Kijiji] .

2. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
  3. Splych
    OP

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    sasugabooks has closed down T.T
    but thanks for the sites ! that's just great ! the prices are WAAAY cheaper than compared to in stores ^^.

4. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    I always buy from http://www.bookdepository.com/ shipping is always between 1-2 weeks and its free (!!!) to anywhere(almost[they do to the Philippines [​IMG]]) in the world with each book coming in a bubble wrapped package.
    Buying manga locally is a chore since there are only 3 (last time I checked) that sell manga (with no online option >_

5. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.

6. Splych
    OP

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    the Book Depository would be great , if they had Reborn! instock for me . however , they do have Rave Master which is a plus for me !

AnimeNation has Volumes 1 -> 10 for Reborn! , which is great for starting the collection . JustManga is a good site , the fact that they give free plastic covers to protect the manga makes me even more tempted to buy from them over the Book Depository .

7. alex_0706

alex_0706 darknessblade

May 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    http://domdomsoft.com/home/
    it's cheap only price for 5 manga's max for preum forever
    and you never need to pay for your manga's again

8. alphenor

alphenor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2010
    your PC's desktop
    If you just want to read it, mangafox and mangastream are better [​IMG]

9. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    Yet another bump.
    I bet the asker already found a website.

10. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    unfortunately, they didnt have that version of escaflowne [​IMG]

At this point, i am just waiting for the rest of the volumes to have some stock before buying the rest of them in 1 shot [​IMG]

11. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Amazon Japan

Shipping outside of Asia can go up the scale though so make sure you bundle all purchases in one package if possible, Shipping to Europe is ridiculously expensive but if you can't find a more recent manga on any scanlation site anywhere even the Japanese ones, this is your best bet if you want to read it bad enough.