Not open for further replies.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be quite frank here. The amount of unevenness amongst staff here is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen other site members also make the same statements. Some people get banned for things they say while others do not, some people can call names, bully, harass others to no end without even a slap on the wrist. Staff just simply turn their heads even after posts having been reported. While on the other hand other members are subject to having their posts removed, receving warnings, temp bans, etc. for lesser offenses. And you know? This wouldn't even have to be posted here if staff would respond to messages regarding the situation.

Why is this? I have reported several posts for bulling, harassment, and trolling towards myself with NO action taken whatsoever. But God forbid I react to said posts and say anything back to them, less I get a ban, warning, or otherwise while the other persons posts remain. Perhaps people wouldn't need to react to the posts, if staff would take care of the problem when reported in the first place. A guy can only take so much shit posts from others towrds them, with no staff action, before they finally say something back. But then get punished when they do.

I have seen these things take place numerous times since I have been a member here, have seen staff play favorites with certain members many, many times, and have seen many people make the same statements as I have in this post regarding staff. All of these things have gotten much worse in the last couple of years.

The type of bulling and online harassment that has been taking place is the kind that some people commit suicide over. I have reported posts, I have reached out to staff via PM, and nothing. Nothing at all. If this is they type of selective moderation is whats going to continue to happen here, then I request for my account of 13 years to be deactivated and permanently removed from the site. I don't need the bullying and harassment from what was once one of my favorite sites to visit. The toxicity here from members is out of control and the inaction of staff to take care of it, especially when reported, is also out of control. I've about had it with gbatemp and if no action is going to be taken against the members whos posts I have reported, if staff are going to continue to turn a blind eye to some, but not others, then I wish to have no part of this site any longer and it will be time to say goodbye.

Edit: Know what? I'm just done with the temp. This place is a toxic garbage dump. I have requested the powers that be to remove my account. The 13 years had it's ups and downs, but due to how the site has become over the last couple of years with the toxic members, posts, and favoritism amongst staff... it is no longer an enjoyable place for me to visit. Goodbye.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You kind of have a point, but you do come out as brash. and yes, some people threw adjectives that are not very welcome.

Edit: In that PS5 scalper discussion.

But hey, know that if they could, they'd do the same.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still here, ain't ya?

Not for long hopefully. As soon as staff gets to removing my account, I wont have to put up with the likes of assholes like yourself any longer. People like YOU are the reason I want my entire account completely removed.

Won't be responding to any more posts, as I will be unable to. And I hope you're happy when the next news post comes up about a temper having lost their life. Clap clap.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So no examples, no logs, no quotes, no pictures, no specifics...

In my experience nobody that makes such vague statements and winds in some emotional arguments is ever going to have such a thing satisfactorily resolved for them, not least of all because perceptions take time to change (both generally and to avoid "oh no better make a token effort for two weeks before lapsing into old habits"). I would say sorry you feel this way but I am not even sure what there is to be sorry for -- you claim unevenness to a notable degree (there will always be edge cases) but absent any evidence, indeed absent even a structured claim, of such and seeing nothing of the sort myself despite generally floating around everywhere on the regular then that would be baseless as the claims appear to be. If you wish to return and provide some meat to chew on then we can assess things further. If there is ultimately nothing of note to it then may you one day grow thicker skin.

The option to log out and never come back has always been here, the option to delete your account yourself as opposed to having staff doing it for you appeared some time ago (whether in response to right to be forgotten to or something else I don't know). It is available in account settings https://gbatemp.net/account/ (see column on left side, towards the bottom, on normal browser. No idea where it might be on mobile.).

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no examples, no logs, no quotes, no pictures, no specifics...

In my experience nobody that makes such vague statements and winds in some emotional arguments is ever going to have such a thing satisfactorily resolved for them, not least of all because perceptions take time to change (both generally and to avoid "oh no better make a token effort for two weeks before lapsing into old habits"). I would say sorry you feel this way but I am not even sure what there is to be sorry for -- you claim unevenness to a notable degree (there will always be edge cases) but absent any evidence, indeed absent even a structured claim, of such and seeing nothing of the sort myself despite generally floating around everywhere on the regular then that would be baseless as the claims appear to be. If you wish to return and provide some meat to chew on then we can assess things further. If there is ultimately nothing of note to it then may you one day grow thicker skin.

The option to log out and never come back has always been here, the option to delete your account yourself as opposed to having staff doing it for you appeared some time ago (whether in response to right to be forgotten to or something else I don't know). It is available in account settings https://gbatemp.net/account/ (see column on left side, towards the bottom, on normal browser. No idea where it might be on mobile.).

Staff has access to the reports, staff has the logs, staff has the pms with relevant information, etc. Only thing vague was not including all of that in my OP here. But, shrug. Didn't feel the need to.

Thanks for the link. However, I would also prefer to have ALL content I have EVER posted on site over the last 13 years also be removed. Regardless, deleting account now. Then possibly myself.

Goodbye.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well sad to see you go, but I don't really see the bulling when checking your reports. It's very vague personally.
We've gotten reports against you as well for bullying but we followed our rules and felt they where inside our rules. A disagreement doesn't mean it's trolling or harassement.

Don't involve yourself in the political section without skin on your nose. It's a cesspool of filth that I personally want gone, but I'm in the minority of the staff.

Reactions: VinsCool

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not for long hopefully. As soon as staff gets to removing my account, I wont have to put up with the likes of assholes like yourself any longer. People like YOU are the reason I want my entire account completely removed.

Won't be responding to any more posts, as I will be unable to. And I hope you're happy when the next news post comes up about a temper having lost their life. Clap clap.

You know you can self-delete your account right?
This has been a feature for quite a while now.

Reactions: Hanafuda

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, @DinohScene, you're probably right that image response wasn't constructive. But what'd I ever do to justify those comments from the OP?

We've got a ignore list which works pretty well!
Seems to be a largely forgotten feature tho.

Reactions: RyRyIV

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've got a ignore list which works pretty well!
Seems to be a largely forgotten feature tho.

I don't need to put anyone on ignore and I don't hurl personal insults here. I disagree with people sometimes in political threads, but it stays there and it's respectful disagreement. So I have some thoughts for the OP at this time, which he deserves to hear IMHO, but just let him have what he's asking for please.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If manchildren like that immediately explode in a torrent of personal insults and bickering then they're not worth any time and effort imho.
I suppose you could PM the person, I deffo wouldn't as I know better ways to waste me time.

OP just wants to become a martyr, OP knows he can self-delete his account but a dramatic shitshow seems to be wiser then peacefully leaving...
Best would be to ignore OP completely.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If manchildren like that immediately explode in a torrent of personal insults and bickering then they're not worth any time and effort imho.
I suppose you could PM the person, I deffo wouldn't as I know better ways to waste me time.

OP just wants to become a martyr, OP knows he can self-delete his account but a dramatic shitshow seems to be wiser then peacefully leaving...
Best would be to ignore OP completely.

Go fuck yourself. You're are ONE FUCKING HUNDRED PERCENT a part of the problem here with a shit post like that. Go get fucking stuffed, bitch. Cancelled my deletion to tell you that. And Hanafuda? You know exactly what you did, you little fucking cunt. Trying to play like your some innocent party. Take a flying leap off a very tall bridgem you piece of shit.

Fuck this site. Fuck a good amount of members, and fuck a good amount of the mods. A lot of you are COMPLETE garbage. Members and their "regular" buddies that gang up on others, and moderators playing teachers pet. What a complete fucking joke.

Cancelled my cancellation to tell you fucking lowlife pieces of SHIT these things. Back to deletion. You people fucking DISGUST me and you are DISGUSTING people. Good fucking riddance.

Edit: "You cannot delete your account as you have recently cancelled a pending deletion." Mods, delete my account. Zero need to wait the seven days for it to go through.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Go fuck yourself. You're are ONE FUCKING HUNDRED PERCENT a part of the problem here with a shit post like that. Go get fucking stuffed, bitch. Cancelled my deletion to tell you that. And Hanafuda? You know exactly what you did, you little fucking cunt. Trying to play like your some innocent party. Take a flying leap off a very tall bridgem you piece of shit.

Fuck this site. Fuck a good amount of members, and fuck a good amount of the mods. A lot of you are COMPLETE garbage. Members and their "regular" buddies that gang up on others, and moderators playing teachers pet. What a complete fucking joke.

Cancelled my cancellation to tell you fucking lowlife pieces of SHIT these things. Back to deletion. You people fucking DISGUST me and you are DISGUSTING people. Good fucking riddance.
Get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?