Site..... Look help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by AHicks24, Dec 31, 2006.

Dec 31, 2006

Site..... Look help by AHicks24 at 5:01 AM (641 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. AHicks24

Newcomer AHicks24 Member

Nov 17, 2006
    United States
    Guys I want to download some new apps but I restored my comp and dont have the websites, will you give me a website that I can download some new apps. So hit me with them websites lol

thanks for the help
  2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
  3. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
  4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    A couple to get you started, everything I link directly or mention is freeware or has a decent freeware version and is something I use on a day to day basis as well as something I install for friends, family and whoever I am called in to help out:

Video and audio:
    I like CCCP if you need a "codec pack":
    For audio I use media player classic (included with CCCP) and MP3tag to name and tag my files:
    To rip cds I tend to use exact audio copy nowadays:
    Copying DVDs is a slightly more complex task but between ripit4me is great for the initial decryption stage (it acts as a frontend to the legendary DVD decrypter)

Trillian an IRC, MSN, AIM.... messenger and in many cases surpasses the original/standard app:

Notepad++ (an exceptionally good notepad replacement):

Assorted junk:
    Windows tweakers (normally the apps that take up most of my time when installing/restoring a system) can be grabbed from the link above and:

Some AV and firewall software:
    zone alarm

If you have an ATI graphics card (especially a laptop one as they are rarely if ever updated by the manufacturers) I highly suggest looking at Omega Drivers:

If you are on this site then the chances are you have some roms floating around so you will need some stuff to organise and check them:
    Offline list:
    ADVANsCEne's dats:
    No-Intro DATs (good for other systems) (do a text search on the page for offline list):

Internet, firefox works for me and there was an nice discussion of extensions on GBATemp a little while back:

That should help get your system into a halfway acceptable state, it does for me anyhow. Post back if you want some more specific apps for various things.