Hacking Since updating to FW 11.01 on Atmos 0.16.2 physical games wont read anymore

DrHouse1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time having an issue with updating my Switch which was on a really old CFW/FW and now my physical games wont read anymore and now give me an "read error" I cant find any info on how to fix this.

DrHouse1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to allow updates to your game cartridge reader.
Thanks for the reply! but sorry for sounding like a noob but how do I enable this? Because this is the first time reading about this since owning a Switch for 6 months now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This problem is usually fixed by going to atmosphere/config, opening BCT.ini and adding nogc = 0 on the [stratosphere] section.
Can I just go into my FTP program and edit the file or will I need to insert my micro-SD into my PC?

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Can I just go into my FTP program and edit the file or will I need to insert my micro-SD into my PC?
Yes, you can. Remember to reset your console in order for the changes to apply. If you can turn it off completely and then injecting the payload to boot into Atmos (instead of just reseting) would be better, but just restating should work as well.

Reactions: DrHouse1337

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! but sorry for sounding like a noob but how do I enable this? Because this is the first time reading about this since owning a Switch for 6 months now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Follow the above instructions to enable updates to the GC reader. You should be able to FTP the BCT.ini file, but you'll have to reboot the Switch after.

Reactions: DrHouse1337

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First time having an issue with updating my Switch which was on a really old CFW/FW and now my physical games wont read anymore and now give me an "read error" I cant find any info on how to fix this.
You should be playing your carts in legit OFW sysNAND, unless you are using Caffeine, then that's not really an option.

Marcox94

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem, may I know how did you solve it? Because I entered autonogc = 0 in the config section at the end, but it doesn't change anything ...

jonm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you guys get this sorted?

I've tried:

adding 'nogc = 0' to Atmosphere config BCT.ini
adding 'autonogc=0' to hekate_ipl.ini
disabling AutonoGC in Hetake
disabling AutoRCM
disabling Update Reboot2Payload in Hetake