Since there is still a lot of confusion. Here is how to properly turn off Switch if you use AutoRCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Chrushev, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Waip

Waip Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2004
    France
    I stand corrected ! Thanks for the info then :)

2. Thetoto

Thetoto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2018
    France
    I sure i don't have this problem with AutoRCM. I use it since day one and 0 problems.

3. LH1980

LH1980 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    What happens if you uninstall autorcm after the process?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Then you would no longer be suffering from any AutoRCM-related issues ;)

5. LH1980

LH1980 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    Posted in wrong thread. I was gonna ask what happens if autorcm is enabled after upgrading to 5.1.0 firmware with the easy guide.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Then you risk burning fuses every time you turn your console on UNLESS you boot into RCM first. Since the jig managed to do it without AutoRCM, you just have to be extra careful the console is NEVER turned on without that jig inside which is extremely easy to do. Even plugging in something via USB connection will turn the console on and burn fuses.

LH1980 likes this.
  7. RealLatias

RealLatias GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Thank you so much for this. I didn’t even realize that when using SX OS my Switch was still on after turning off.

8. Chrushev
    OP

Chrushev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    So if you turn off your switch the regular way and let it sit on a shelf for a day it will lose 0% battery? This is pretty much impossible with the way SX OS is now. So yes you do have the issue just like everybody else, you just dont notice it because its not a huge deal.

RealLatias likes this.
  9. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    The Problem is, if you put something in USB-C it automaticly boot into RCM, that is how it works xD

If it get a power Source on USB-C it powers on.

10. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    TC, could you use formatting in your opening post? It is a wall of text and the fragmented paragraphs make it difficult to read.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted