Gaming Since the PS4 is getting Crash Bandicoot: The N. Sane Trilogy...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love to see an HD trilogy remaster of Donkey Kong Country 1-3 using DKCR/TF's graphics on the Switch. That would be friggin awesome and maybe you get DKC1-3 on the NS Virtual Console for free if you preorder the game.
Nah man. It's easier to sell virtual console releases. People will buy them anyway, especially since they're excellent SNES games.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah man. It's easier to sell virtual console releases. People will buy them anyway, especially since they're excellent SNES games.
It probably wouldn't be a difficult conversion. The Tropical Freeze engine would work. They just need to port it to the Switch, re-render the graphics assets, add the missing assets, and make the levels so they matched the original games.

However, this will never happen since Nintendo aren't allowed to use the characters from the original DKC games.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It probably wouldn't be a difficult conversion. The Tropical Freeze engine would work. They just need to port it to the Switch, re-render the graphics assets, add the missing assets, and make the levels so they matched the original games.

However, this will never happen since Nintendo aren't allowed to use the characters from the original DKC games.
How aren't they allowed? Donkey Kong is their IP. It's not Rare's property, unlike Conker or Banjo Kazooie.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
How aren't they allowed? Donkey Kong is their IP. It's not Rare's property, unlike Conker or Banjo Kazooie.
Not DK. AFAIK the other characters (enemies from the original games) were property of Rare and now Microsoft so can't be reused. That's why they didn't appear in Returns or Tropical freeze.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not DK. AFAIK the other characters (enemies from the original games) were property of Rare and now Microsoft so can't be reused. That's why they didn't appear in Returns or Tropical freeze.
Hmmm I see. I personally doubt it though, but you may have a point there.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm I see. I personally doubt it though, but you may have a point there.
I definitely read that Nintndo does not own the intellectual property for all of it, which is why they switched from the Kremlings to the Tikis. Who knows what the legal situation actually is, or was, though, since these things are rarely as simple as they might seem.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely read that Nintndo does not own the intellectual property for all of it, which is why they switched from the Kremlings to the Tikis. Who knows what the legal situation actually is, or was, though, since these things are rarely as simple as they might seem.
If that's the case, how did K.Rool and the Kremlings make it into Mario Super Sluggers?

... and strikers
......and smash bros.
actually, in alot of other spinoff games

Last edited by Xuman,

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't use Kremlings because Miyamoto hates them and DKC (And Rare, somewhat.) with a passion. (He said DKC returns was the best DKC game iirc, like come on.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s