Since Furious ISO and k3b are discontinued what are we suppose to use?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by jimmyleen, Feb 4, 2017.

1. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    What else is just as good as Furious iso and k3b? Ubuntu and Linux Mint don't have anything worth using.

2. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    the same thing? if it's discontinued doesn't mean it's not available for download.. it just means that it won't get updates

3. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Could always try mounting the image from the terminal using the mount command.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Umm, there's like a shit ton of replacement programs. Linux doesn't just have one program for everything.

5. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    You wouldn't use broken tools to fix your vehicle or your house. So than why use broken software?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know but allot of the programs are not as robust and up to date as k3b or furius iso was.

6. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Discontinued != broken

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    by discontinued doesn't mean it's broken....
    i never heard about thoose things, but if they are tools, there is not a really good reason why not keep using them if they do the job.
    if they are linux distros meant for using as a OS, yeah, no security updates is bad...

i mean, i have a ancient ubuntu disk saved in a case (i think version 9 or 8) if i don't have anything around and i need to boot into a computer for example to retrieve files from a broken windows computer it still does the job. it "isn't broken"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, I forgot to ask, what you used this tools for? for someone who never heard about them.. i tried to check and wikipedia gave me an idea, but could you tell us what you need to use them and how did ya use so we could recomend alternatives?

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Then just keep using them. They still work and thus far aren't showing any security threats.

9. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    On Linux, I have had good luck burning and ripping stuff with ImgBurn via wine. I recommend trying it sometime. Wine does not need any fancy stuff, just install it via wine and run it via wine.