Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Figure this out for yourself, yo.
Plenty of guides on different flashcarts online, and of most places - here.

You'll just attract fanboys of flashcart x to this topic...

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why get a CycloDS?

Very good support forum (they actually listen to requests and help fix problems you are having), full game compatibility, with any problems fixed within weeks, full download play compatibility, SDHC support, good looking GUI.

Only real problem is the high DOA rate, but mine hasn't died on me yet. *crosses fingers*

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS Evolution also allows for DS to Wii (and vice-versa) functionality. Which games have this implemented yet I don't know but I remember the GBA and Gamecube had a similar thing going on with games like Animal Crossing.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add, my Evolution came DOA. Well, not completely, as it DOES work, you just need to add a little shim to get the edge conenctors to contact the DS connectors. I'm planning on shipping it in for replacement once the holidays are past as there wouldn't be much point in sending it now, other than it'd have a MUCH greater chance of being lost in the mail....

When it works, the software is pretty awesome, but if you buy one buy from a local vendor, e.g. if in the US buy from a US based vendor, and make sure that the vendor will swap DOAs from stock, e.g. realhotstuff.

AFAIK Divineo is the only US store that has them in stock ATM, and they have an assininely high price ATM(just jacked it up).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has a great DOA. Can't be beat. Best DOA cart on the market.
Reminds me of an old commercial spoof I saw somewhere, "we take good, hard earned money and magically turn it into JUNK!."

Seriously, most places have you pay for a product, and pay for it's shipping to you, and when it shows up DOA, they want you to pay for the shipping back to them... it is most definitely not a good selling point at all, and whomever is in charge of QA for a lot of the 3rd party product lines coming through divineo should have been taken behind a shed and shot (put out of their misery) a long time ago... I mean, who wants to pay premium for a hard to find product only to find they get the bonus of paying some more and waiting longer to get another one?

Just to weigh in on one side of the whole idea of the thread, would I want a cart that has problems that they'll help fix within a matter of weeks and can link up to wii (and may cost me another $15 for insured shipping), or would I want a cart that has proven to be simple and reliable for most everyone out of the box, not requiring a forum and weeks wait to see a fix... and yes, I also consider the arm7 fix for certain games on R4 which took a matter of what, minutes to be found by end users? Tough choice there. Cyclo is one bandwagon I choose to avoid like the plague, for many reasons other than these (and I still can't understand the hype.)

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

yeah but thats just cause no one buys the DSX anymore..

DSX rocks hard.

The DS-X is a piece of crap, terrible support team and waaay too expensive. Trust me, I have one... Get a CycloDS Evolution instead. If not, get an R4 DS. Defiantly not and M3 though.
I won't get a cyclo. I don't want DOA feature for my cart. Too pricey. I already got an Acekard RPG from bamboo gaming though!

jaygee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DSX rocks hard.

The DS-X is a piece of crap, terrible support team and waaay too expensive. Trust me, I have one... Get a CycloDS Evolution instead. If not, get an R4 DS. Defiantly not and M3 though.
I won't get a cyclo. I don't want DOA feature for my cart. Too pricey. I already got an Acekard RPG from bamboo gaming though!

first impressions since you got it..?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DSX rocks hard.

first impressions since you got it..?
First impressions of the acekard? It is still shipping. See my sig. I hope it gets here before christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte