OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get our FPS to max at more than like 7? We had to use some hack that told Sims 3 we had Pixel Shader 2.0, since we don't have any Pixel Shader, but it's uber slow. It's not unplayable, just uber uber slow...

We've set the resolution to 600x800 and set everything to low and disabled reflections and such...
tongue.gif
We tried windowed but it makes the fps even worse.

Help?
unsure.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Is there any way to get our FPS to max at more than like 7? We had to use some hack that told Sims 3 we had Pixel Shader 2.0, since we don't have any Pixel Shader, but it's uber slow. It's not unplayable, just uber uber slow...

We've set the resolution to 600x800 and set everything to low and disabled reflections and such...
tongue.gif
We tried windowed but it makes the fps even worse.

Help?
unsure.gif

Thats probably the problem.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
SwiftShader/3danalizer? Or "some kind of hack"? If you are using some random method as you say then try these 2 apps i mentioned but it won't be that better, you just can't emulate Pixel Shader 2.0 and get good results, You're better off playing other game (Sims 2 doesn't needs it AFAIK) or buying a video card.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL Yeah SwiftShader. I've got it running at a slightly playable frame rate......

tongue.gif

I DO have Sims 2, but even that has debilitating lag because we have dlc from modthesims.info up the ass and all the expansion packs.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is your problem
your using unstable hacks because your using a very low end gfx card/junk integrated gfx to play a new game, and it cant even handle the game / doesnt meet the lowest spec in the requirements

the solution would be to buy a better card
start saving up

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
that is your problem
your using unstable hacks because your using a very low end gfx card/junk integrated gfx to play a new game, and it cant even handle the game / doesnt meet the lowest spec in the requirements

the solution would be to buy a better card
start saving up
This. Get a 9800GT (or a GTS 250 if you can get it for a similar price) for $69.99 and a Corsair 400W PSU for $29.99 (unless the one you already have is good, sounds like you have a manufactured PC so its probably crap) Make sure you have PCI-E x16 slots.

9800GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-323-_-Product or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...5-288-_-Product
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...=corsair%20400w

Or if your budget doesn't allow for those, a 9600 series card should be a nice price:Performance card.
If you have a laptop, get a new one.

Uncout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you check if your pc even meets the minimum required specs for the game? Because if they don't, you're going to need to buy better parts/ brand new computer to get it running well. Sims 3 can be quite a resource hog when you zoom out to view the whole neighbourhood and all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself