I dont like Southpark, to much swearing. I like the SImpsons more
smileipb2.png

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Once upon a time I would've picked Simpsons but now there just like bleurgh
I prefer Family Guy to South Park as with SP its just a bunch of cheap jokes like kids swearing and people shitting all over the place; whereas Family Guy bases its jokes on real life people

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
B-Blue said:
No love for Futurama?
+1

I voted for Simpsons, since the joy I had with the first 15 seasons (from 21 - holy crap!) was so great, that the last few a little weak seasons, which still had some pretty great episodes (!), can`t change my mind! Simpsons all the way
grog.gif

I always thought that these other series you mentioned above try a little too hard. I think even Futurama is superior to both (the Sepper FTW
tongue.gif
). Not that they aren`t great but that`s just how I see it...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Impossible to decide, I tend to swap between all four based on my mood. Althoug Futurama gets the least love right now as it is the one I have the least access to. My older brother has a tonne of Simpsons box sets, Family Guy's on BBC3 pretty much constantly, and South Park I just watch online. But I've yet to find somewhere to watch Futurama and I only have season 2 on VHS.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's easy. The Simpsons. They have the best writers on television. I don't like the Family Guy cause it looks like they have nuts on their chin. South Park just isn't funny, kind of like Andrew Dice Clay. I can say fuck all day long and it doesn't make me funny.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like to watch all of them whenever they're on TV.
But to be honest, I hate what the Simpsons has become, I've been rewatching Season 5 and it's golden, but today, Mike Scully continues to wreck the show.

Family Guy is by the books a bad show, but it's kinda entertaining, like you're sitting next to your best friend and you're too happy to criticise the fact you're both doing really stupid shit. It's a guilty pleasure.

South Park is pretty damn fine, but the newer episodes became too formulaic and predictable. All of their jokes follow the same stages, switching between two or more parallel narratives, usually 3-4 times, and progressing the single joke of the episode. The older episodes were much more creative like a child's unbridled creativity, excited to be making a TV show.

Futurama is hard for me to explain, it's just great. The movies and the latest episodes are also entertaining but a shell of their former selves. It might unfortunately go the way of the Simpsons, like how it started falling off in season 10. But for the time being, I can enjoy the new episodes.

There's also King of the Hill, which I applaud for trying to be something more, it's like reading a novel on modern times.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Preference

Family Guy: Adult humour that not censored by the PC brigade, good music, dance routines, blood & violence as well
Simpsons: Family fun - quite a few times they've made me giggle
South Park: Same as Family Guy (Adult humour), but IMHO getting a little 'predictable'
Futurama: Not bad - has the occasional funny moment, but sometimes seem a little stale

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
south park comes first with futurama in second, family guy has some really stupid lame jokes but its still more entertaining than the simpsons

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
South Park has considerable depth if you understand the jokes reference.
I feel that the show caters to a more mature audience. The references often go back decades.
The episode "Major Boobage" is a tribute to the 1981 movie "Heavy Metal".
If you didn't live through that time, and view the movie in a theater, you wouldn't fully understand the episode.

South Park is a reflection of the foibles of our society presented as satire.
I find it thought provoking, as well as entertaining.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
Once upon a time I would've picked Simpsons but now there just like bleurgh
I prefer Family Guy to South Park as with SP its just a bunch of cheap jokes like kids swearing and people shitting all over the place; whereas Family Guy bases its jokes on real life people
Recent episodes aren't that great but the first 8 series wipe the floor with Family Guy 8 series, shit there are only 3 really good Family Guy series, the rest are just meme inducing and I don't see the future Family Guy series being worse than new Simpsons.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't like Southpark. It's just not funny, in my opinion, too vulgar for me. Family Guy has it's moments, but they are rare. Simpsons is also slowing down currently.

But Futurama is just great. Season 6 had an awesome start, I like all the episodes, heck, I watched each one at least 5 times. Great and clever Show, nothing wrong with it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.