Simply m3 or MicroSd Problem =(

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by ksanmamaril, Nov 29, 2007.

Nov 29, 2007
  1. ksanmamaril
    OP

Newcomer ksanmamaril Newbie

United States
    Ok i just recently updated my 1gb Microsd to a SanDisk 2gb microsd that I bought on black friday for 20bucks at best buy. Ok so I transferred my files to the new 2gb micro, and seemed to work perfectly, until I tried changing a skin for the DS. So I added the skin and some music to the 2gb Micros, then I turned on my DS and saw that the skin that showed up was the stock skin that first came with Simply M3. So I tried changing it to the skin i just added and it didn't show up at all! my other skins were there but not the one I inputted. Then I changed the skin to one of my existing skins and turned off the DS and turned it on again and it reverted back to the stock skin, not the skin I left off with. Then on top of that i tried running the moonshell program and then it just stop in the middle of loading the program.

So I plugged in my 2gb back into the computer and tried deleting some files, and it worked on the computer. But then as soon as I load my 2gb into the DS, those files that i deleted from the computer still appear and seems like it was never deleted.

So i tried formating the 2gb using fat16 and fat32 and nothing, it says it formatted the disk but, when i plug it into the simplyM3, it still has all the files that were there prior to formatting the drive.

Does anyone know what to do? I am getting relatively frustrated and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me out?

2. c2ironfist

Member c2ironfist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    wow have no clue but did you try using that your first MicroSD Card?

3. ksanmamaril
    OP

United States
    yeah the first memory card (1gb) works perfectly, tried to see if it would add/remove files, and it did. don't know what to do with the 2gb now.

4. c2ironfist

Canada
    so if the 1g card works fine... might be the micro SD?

I know that memory cards as they get old start to be unreliable and more prone to being carrupted

But seeing how this a new card would be strange.

I'm going to assume that its the micro SD card.

5. ksanmamaril
    OP

United States
    yeah its a micro....

just bought it too, went to best buy today and priced increased from 17 bucks to 54 yikes!!!

hopefully i can get a new one.

so you guys think its corrupted? i mean i can't even format it, though i can drag the card contents to my computer...

any logical explanations??? much help would be great.

6. c2ironfist

Canada

If you can't even format the micro SD then its defiantly the micro SD.

If your wondering what the problem is, it has to be a defective card.
    If anyone was to give you a good piece of advice when buying a card it would be
    to buy a good quality card and don't be cheap about it. It's your data at risk.

But this is a Sandisk card so I guess it could be rare to have it defective.
    But then again even some of the biggest name have defects. Just exchange it for a new one
    should be good I'm assuming. Until then use the 1gb one [​IMG]

7. ksanmamaril
    OP

United States
    yeah planning to get a new one, do you guys think they'll exchange it with the same one even though i bought it on sale? let me know thanks.

8. gweedyj

Member gweedyj GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well if they dont go to newegg.com they have much cheaper prices. or if you have a microcenter around you go there. i just picked up a kingston 2gb from micro center yesterday for 22

9. c2ironfist

Canada
    I don't see why that can't be done.

They'd most likely exchange then refund it.

10. b00sted4fun

Newcomer b00sted4fun Newbie

United States
    I got the trancend or whatver it is from Newegg cheap and it has been a yr and still going strong [​IMG]