Hacking Simplistics mod and other lu64 mods

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, i was reading this guide, and was wondering a few things.

If i was to trucha bug a new lu64 wii, then run the ciosrevxx installer.
then run wad manager and install ios 60 and 61, and then the system menu 450(pal), then reboot and install preloader, would this also work on any lu64 instead of using dop ios method. if not, can someone please tell me why not. cos from reading the guide it is exactly the same as what i'm proposing. just installing ios60 and then the systemmenu.wad
at least it looks like that

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just to check if I understand

You want to use the simplistic mod guide by xzxero
And its a LU64+ PAL (?) Wii

Correct?

edit: you don't want to use dop-IOS? Why not?

Well, since you're offline now, DOP-IOS patches IOS60 (instead of just installing it). This allows you to play wads (VC/WW) from SD card

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
Just to check if I understand

You want to use the simplistic mod guide by xzxero
And its a LU64+ PAL (?) Wii

Correct?

edit: you don't want to use dop-IOS? Why not?

Well, since you're offline now, DOP-IOS patches IOS60 (instead of just installing it). This allows you to play wads (VC/WW) from SD card

Well tj_cool, i will explain where my question comes from.

on every wii before the lu64 versions i use the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide(updated to 4.1). i started doing this online(did it on 2 wii's) and then went to look at the offline version.

The biggest differense between the 2 methods(online offline) is that one used the dop ios and the other (offline) don't

the steps are as follow

the online method says do the trucha bug stuff, then Ciosrevxx installer, then it says downgrade ios files with ios downgrader(i know i'm not supposed to do this on lu64), then it says downgrade to 3.2 using cios downgrader, then run the 4.1 firmware updater, and then Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check. then the preloader stuff.

The offline method tells me to do this :

the tbr shit, then the ciosrevxx installer. and then the offline differs from the online. it than tells me to run wad manager 1.4 and install wads 1-18

those wads are. 12.IOS35-64-v1040.wad
13.IOS36-64-v1042.wad
14.IOS37-64-v2070.wad
15.IOS38-64-v3609.wad
16.IOS53-64-v4113.wad
17.IOS55-64-v4633.wad
01.IOS11-64-v10.wad
02.IOS12-64-v6.wad
03.IOS13-64-v10.wad
04.IOS15-64-v257.wad
05.IOS17-64-v512.wad
06.IOS20-64-v12.wad
07.IOS21-64-v514.wad
08.IOS30-64-v1040.wad
09.IOS31-64-v1040.wad
10.IOS33-64-v1040.wad
11.IOS34-64-v1039.wad
SystemMenuv450.wad
19.ios61.wad
18.cios60.wad

then install preloader.

Well, in my eyes since both methods do allmost the same, i figured, can't i install just number 18 and 19(ios61/cios60) and then the sstemmenu.wad in the lu64 method, cos it saves me the time of preparing the dop ios and the files it need. and i figured it's allmost the same.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ultimate guide is kind of outdated.
i mean come on it uses IOS downgrader which is an automatic brick for lu64+ wii's.

if you brick your wii dont come cryin to us when you shoulda used my guide.

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero, your not getting my point. i want to use your guide, i just want to change the dop ios step.
IF you would've read my post, instead of thinking hey this guide is outdated bladiebladiebla..........
you can see that i tryed to make a point with the dop ios part. In that online guide, i have to use dop ios in exactly the same manner as in your guide.(to install a patched ios 60) in that offline guide it'll let me install the cios 60 wad trough wad manager. even the update to 4.1 part is the same in both online and offline guides(online use the 4.1 updater/offline use wad manager to install systemmenu 450 wad).

SO WHAT I WANTED TO DO, is instead of using dop ios, is use wad manager to instal cios60 wad(it'll even save me some stepps with modding, cos i need the wad manager to install the systemmenu450.wad)

Cos when looking at the guides(yes yours and the ultimate guide) the online steps are the same(yes except for the downgrading parts I KNOW) both TBR/Ciosrevxx/dop ios/then the 4.1 updater

Offline, the ONE AND ONLY difference is the part to install Âios60.wad yours uses the dop ios the other guide lets me install cios60(and i'm sure this is cios60 bug fix) trough wad manager.

can you or someone please get what i'm doing and tell me if it is or isn't possible.
if not, the please tell me why not.

also please don't give me that IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII SHIT. cos i didn't asked for that and its fair question, not even a noobisch one.

And if i would brick my wii, i would desolder the tsop and reflash with infectus, and i would like to see you doing that

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BMasterP said:
xzxero, your not getting my point. i want to use your guide, i just want to change the dop ios step.
IF you would've read my post, instead of thinking hey this guide is outdated bladiebladiebla..........
you can see that i tryed to make a point with the dop ios part. In that online guide, i have to use dop ios in exactly the same manner as in your guide.(to install a patched ios 60) in that offline guide it'll let me install the cios 60 wad trough wad manager. even the update to 4.1 part is the same in both online and offline guides(online use the 4.1 updater/offline use wad manager to install systemmenu 450 wad).

SO WHAT I WANTED TO DO, is instead of using dop ios, is use wad manager to instal cios60 wad(it'll even save me some stepps with modding, cos i need the wad manager to install the systemmenu450.wad)

Cos when looking at the guides(yes yours and the ultimate guide) the online steps are the same(yes except for the downgrading parts I KNOW) both TBR/Ciosrevxx/dop ios/then the 4.1 updater

Offline, the ONE AND ONLY difference is the part to install ©ios60.wad yours uses the dop ios the other guide lets me install cios60(and i'm sure this is cios60 bug fix) trough wad manager.

can you or someone please get what i'm doing and tell me if it is or isn't possible.
if not, the please tell me why not.

also please don't give me that IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII SHIT. cos i didn't asked for that and its fair question, not even a noobisch one.

And if i would brick my wii, i would desolder the tsop and reflash with infectus, and i would like to see you doing that

The point of the dop-IOS step is just to install an official IOS60 from Nintendo and just patch it with the sig hash chech(trucha bug) which is all you should need to patch it with unless you're going to use cioscrap or something. By using dop-IOS you KNOW what you're installing and what has been done to the IOS.

I don't know what that cios60 wad has from assassda's guide. It may be the same thing, it may have extra things on it, it may just be a normal IOS60. Whatever it is, installing that instead of using dop-IOS to just use an official one is your choice, but both SHOULD technically work.

Just be sure to install whatever IOS60 you want to install before you install the system menu wad for 4.1 whether it be with dop-IOS or that wad. If loading vc/wiiware wad's doesn't work from the sd card menu afterwards though, you're going to have to use dop-IOS to install it again anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That's what I like to see B-) +1