ROM Hack Simplest Way to use PokeSav with HGSS Retail Cart?

awesome761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there is always the action replay option, which is quite limited considering that there is no read/write feature, (I have the DS lite version, not dsi), but does the Action replay dsi work with putting sav files, editing the sav with Pokesav, then putting it back onto the cart? I also know of the NDS adaptor plus, but it is pretty expensive and only works with 32 bit operating systems, (I have Snow Leopard and Windows 7 professional 64 bit.) I also know that the rudolph homebrew software doesn't work due to the new build and on the HGSS retail carts. But does anyone know of some good cheap alternatives that are relatively straightforward to use and could be used to read/write sav files and dump it onto the cart?

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are ways to export a .sav from your retail cart onto your computer, but I'm not sure if the ARDS could accept the entire .sav that you would edit and turn it into a code. If you did, it would probably cause a few problems with crashing. In my experience from 2007, the ARDS codes for Pokemon games aren't too reliable sometimes.

awesome761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
only way so far is to use the nitro cheat homebrew to get the items you want

But how can i use nitro cheat with my retail cart if it is homebrew?

EDIT: read about it, and understand that it works somewhat like ards, but i need to be able to edit the whole save file through pokesav, which is much easier than exporting an xml file of the code and putting it on to the ards or nitrohax.

awesome761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
If you get yourself an ez flash 3 in 1 you can back up your save from your offcial card then use pokesav then transfer it back using homebrew apps.

I think this is the app you use http://filetrip.net/f2486-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-0-31.html

That method has been proven not to work either
frown.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=214979
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=214830

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
If you get yourself an ez flash 3 in 1 you can back up your save from your offcial card then use pokesav then transfer it back using homebrew apps.

I think this is the app you use http://filetrip.net/f2486-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-0-31.html
No you can't. The IR on the actual retail carts renders all save dumping homebrew unable to dump the save. The only way to completely dump the save is with the NDS Adapter Plus.

awesome761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
thegame07 said:

No you can't. The IR on the actual retail carts renders all save dumping homebrew unable to dump the save. The only way to completely dump the save is with the NDS Adapter Plus.

If only it was cheaper, made by a more trustworthy company, and it was 64 bit
frown.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome761 said:
frown.gif
I agree someone needs to make a better, more official-looking alternative. Or bug the devs of the save dumpers to update the homebrew to work with IR carts.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome761 said:
Hakoda said:
thegame07 said:

frown.gif

a virtual machine can get around the 64 bit issue

awesome761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
awesome761 said:
frown.gif
I agree someone needs to make a better, more official-looking alternative. Or bug the devs of the save dumpers to update the homebrew to work with IR carts.

My MacBook has an IR receiver on it, it would be epic if someone could develop a program that could somehow transfer saves via inferred, but it would be nearly impossible to do.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awesome761 said:
Hakoda said:
thegame07 said:

frown.gif

I agree on the 64-bit thing, but I've used the original NDS Adapter by EMS and it's always seemed reliable.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The first one you've linked to are just slightly updated versions of Rudolph's original tools, altered to dump the header information more accurately for certain games released post-DSi. In fact the final post in that thread is one from me, asking if they can be updated for Hg/Ss, lol. And I'm pretty sure the Wood Dumper is only for ROMs, not saves.

Also, just a note, I'm pretty sure the mods would be a lot happier if you stuck to one Hg/Ss save dump topic or the other. It doesn't make any sense making identical posts in both simultaneously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.