Hacking Simplest way to play other region discs?

excaliburn92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! As the title says, what's the simplest way to play other region discs? I could try hacking (or ...er.. softmodding?) but I'm lost really. I've read up the guides and the more I read the more I get confused. What's the best way/method to use if I want to make my Wii U region free and If possible, permanently? Thanks in advance!

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! Will I need to install anything besides Haxchi and CBHC for region free discs to work?

don't quote on this, but u may need to do region hax. it's dangerous though since ur altering a flash file. I've heard some discs don't work unless u do that. it can be scary, but it's really not that difficult.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea I have cbhc and my japanese tokyo mirage sessions disc doesn't work anyway. I can confirm that you may need something else as well.

D

Deleted User

Wii U is picky when it comes to out-of-region discs.
You could attemp regionhax [eh... but try not to screw up anything resulting in Korean Wii U]
Or you could try running Spiik [Should work]

TroublesWithModding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If regionhax is a bit difficult for you, you could always just use OurLoader! Very easy to do, the only downside is you'd need to run Homebrew before you could use it.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regionhax isn't too bad. I made both my redNAND and sysNAND region free. I've had no problems since. though, I don't have any foreign discs to play around with. I just wanted to do it. :P

D

Deleted User

regionhax isn't too bad. I made both my redNAND and sysNAND region free. I've had no problems since. though, I don't have any foreign discs to play around with. I just wanted to do it. :P
It's not hard to-do but it's useless if you don't have any out-of-region discs anyways.

Reactions: godreborn
General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Psi are you speaking in flordiaman language again