Simple Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mr_blonde_88, Feb 18, 2007.

1. mr_blonde_88

mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

Jul 18, 2006
    Bristol (UK)
    So im looking for a simple to use video editing software

All i wanna do is trim things like credits and title sequences

I did have Sony Vegas, but that was a bit complicated, and i couldnt get the preivew screen at the bottom to work

And suggestions??

2. Takaishi

Takaishi Advanced Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
    Try Nero Vision
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If all you want is a basic video trimmer then you could even get away with a simple muxer and output it to a few seperate files, or something like AVItrimmer:
    Take a look at some of the files here as well.

However while a lot of what I do can be considered simple video editing (it certainly fits your definition if you add transcoding and remuxing) I like avisynth and either megui or virtual dub for even basic video editing.
    I suggest playing around with virtual dub, it can do what you want and be barely more difficult to use than a word processor. It will also work for when you learn/want to use some of the more advanced video stuff (filters and the like).
    Also if you input your video via directshow, using either Virtual dub mod or a simple script and you have a completely free editor capable of converting and messing around with just about every video file in common use.
    If you want a quick guide to this sort of thing post back and I will throw some screens and a bunch of text explaining it all together.
  4. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I use Windows Movie Maker, it comes with Windows. Just go on Start > Run then type 'moviemk'

- Sam