Homebrew Official Simple signature check patcher

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because HBL 1.4 is outdated now. If you want to update in the future the real HBL-channel is the way to go.
I don't think this is entirely true.

1.4 is the same as 2.0/2.1 except it's elf vs RPX. Functionality and age are relatively the same and they both do the same thing essentially.
Exactly. And on top of that Haxchi isn't irreversible, and it can certainly be updated if need be

Reactions: zeldaism and KiiWii

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is entirely true.

1.4 is the same as 2.0/2.1 except it's elf vs RPX. Functionality and age are relatively the same and they both do the same thing essentially.
That's not really true. Wup Installer for example doesn't have to exit to sysmenu before every install. HBL-channel gives it full rights to install.

Of course it's up to you guys. But I don't think that dimok will continue to update the elf-version now. If you prepare for the channel today it's allready done.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. And on top of that Haxchi isn't irreversible, and it can certainly be updated if need be
I have tried to get the 2.01 rpx working with Contenthax but I cannot get it going. I have tried to change the config.txt to .rpx as default but it still shows a black screen with 5 I think it would be nice to have the rpx version working with content hax because of the direct back to main menu instead of miimaker its how it should be also the rpx method will be the way forward the elf format might as well be scrapped. Have you managed to get it working?

also @dimok can the sig patches be installed permanently to systemnand it would make sense?

Last edited by Reecey,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to get the 2.01 rpx working with Contenthax but I cannot get it going. I have tried to change the config.txt to .rpx as default but it still shows a black screen with 5 I think it would be nice to have the rpx version working with content hax because of the direct back to main menu instead of miimaker its how it should be also the rpx method will be the way forward the elf format might as well be scrapped. Have you managed to get it working?

also @dimok can the sig patches be installed permanently to systemnand it would make sense?
Maybe modifications with WUPServer?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly didn't know HBL 1.4 is outdated now, and 2.1 exists already?
I still use 1.3 and I just installed haxchi just a few minutes ago...

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So basically if I don't want to load my fw.img from the root of my sd card EVERY time I want to play eShop games, I just need to run this .elf file?

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. Works great! I've set this as default on haxchi and it seems to be the quickest and simplest way to get what most of us all want...

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we need to have Internet access in order to use it? What if we exit the setting and everything is gone, how can we reinstall it? Anyway hope dimok could come up with a permanent patch. As always thanks so much dimok for having done so much for the wii u scene and the end users.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm little new to this so sorry if this is a stupid question.....
When I use Haxchi and this sign_patcher, can I install USA vc games on my WiiU Eur 5.5.1 ?
Why is it two diffrent sign_pachers? Back to HBL and Back to SYSmenu.... Which one should I get? :)

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
After you run the program, do you want to be returned to the HBL or to the system menu?
Ok, I thought it was like that :) Thanks for clearing that up...... Now to my other question: When I use Haxchi and this sign_patcher, can I install USA vc games on my WiiU Eur 5.5.1 ?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I thought it was like that :) Thanks for clearing that up...... Now to my other question: When I use Haxchi and this sign_patcher, can I install USA vc games on my WiiU Eur 5.5.1 ?
You should be able to, but every time you boot the console up you'll have to run the sig patcher before playing the games

Maybe consider using Retroarch instead?

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a doubt, I need to run this check patcher in order to install dlc with wupinstaller and then i can use it as long as i dont go into wii u settings or turn off the wii u because when i reboot it will be gone till i run again this signature check patcher....
1) if i run this signature check patcher i would need to reinstall the dlc everytime ? (in the case of installing to sysnand)
2) What would happen to my official bought dlc characters ? (mewtwo and corrin ) are these overwrite and gone forever ?

Thanks in advance

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a doubt, I need to run this check patcher in order to install dlc with wupinstaller and then i can use it as long as i dont go into wii u settings or turn off the wii u because when i reboot it will be gone till i run again this signature check patcher....
1) if i run this signature check patcher i would need to reinstall the dlc everytime ? (in the case of installing to sysnand)
2) What would happen to my official bought dlc characters ? (mewtwo and corrin ) are these overwrite and gone forever ?

Thanks in advance
The real dlc is replaced with the patched dlc, and it stays installed. You'll need to run the other any time you play, however.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1