Official Simple signature check patcher

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by dimok, Nov 28, 2016.

1. makodo

makodo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    Indonesia
    sorry dumb question, how to run sigpatcher before run the game? does this method solve MK8 DLC problem? thanks

2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Through HBL. The release is HBL payloads..

3. makodo

makodo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    Indonesia
    Thanks.
    So the steps would be like this:
    1. download signpatcher dan extract it to: sd card\wiiu\apps\signpatcher
    2. open internet browser in wii u and type loadiine.ovh and press enter
    3. submit homebrew (mine 1.3 version)
    4. choose signpatcher and load. wait for a moment and it will back to main menu
    5. run step 2,3 and choose wup installer then load and install game
    6. run the game

any wrong or missing step?
    let say I turn off wii u after following the step and then I turn it on, do i need to follow step 2 - 4 again before play game?
    thanks

Last edited by makodo, May 2, 2017
  4. jtvjan

jtvjan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Roermond
    You need to run it again, yes.

5. makodo

makodo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    Indonesia
    It worked! Thanks.

Last edited by makodo, May 3, 2017
  6. AsterKool

AsterKool Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    United States
    hey, don't know if anyone asked this previously, but does this work on 5.5.2?

7. jtvjan

jtvjan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Roermond
    Haxchi and ColdBootHaxchi already have a built in CFW that does what this does. (b=sysmenu) And if you need more advanced features Mocha CFW exists.

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    and to answer the question he asked, yes it worked with 5.5.2, you can patch "just the signature" from HBL if you use browser hack.
    if you want a quick access, you can use sigpath2HBL to launch HBL and launch wup installer, it prevents you using haxchi+sysmenu, then haxchi+hbl (that's just a shortcut to do both)

all homebrew working on 5.5.1 are working on 5.5.2, the firmware is exactly the same. only the browser title has been changed, and something in the DLC module (I don't know what).

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 31, 2017
  9. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    im not too sure where i should ask. but i had rednand setup and installed games to it (dumped my own nand)
    so i was confused why when i install to usb via rednand that they dont load in my sysnand? sorry if its dumb to ask

10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    because your SysNAND doesn't have the information that the game has been installed.
    the game's data is present on your USB, but the console didn't receive the information that you officially installed it.
    it has the ticket on USB but not the game meta data on the console to mark the game as launchable. It would be the same as plugging someone else HDD on your console and expecting it to recognize non bought games. (you can't because it's encrypted differently, but imagine it wasn't encrypted, you'd still not be able to play non bought games).

jammybudga777 likes this.
  11. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    But................. I installed MK8 on my USB on redNAND and it boots fine on sysNAND.
    Just a different save.

12. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    hhmmm thats interesting to no. but unfortunatly i dont think it will resolve my issue

13. El 15

El 15 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Mexico
    thanks it worked better than mocha for me because in mocha my hard disk shuts down but with this sign patcher it doesn't

14. cosma

cosma Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2017
    France
    Hello ! I have a problem with Nintendont, I follow a YouTube tutorial to install Nintendont Wii U with Wup Installer GX2 (to get Nintendont directly on Wii U menu), well the installation with Wup Installer work but when I launch Nintendont I got a black screen ... It's not an install problem, I already reinstalled it 5 times but never changed. I can't find Nintendont on the Homebrew App Store, so I don't know if I have a bad version of the software. Somebody can help me ? Thanks :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oops wrong topic, sorry :wink:

15. lucas millington

lucas millington Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    is there a way to automatically have this at launch or have a shortcut on the wii u menu without having to go into homebrew launcher

16. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Suspended
    Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    dat necrobump

EDIT: As for your question AFAIK the most convenient method is to install haxchi and launch that. There is no coldboot for the Wii U.

EDIT 2: You can use Mocha CFW. I'm not an expert on the Wii U so hopefully someone else who knows what he's talking about can help you further.

Last edited by leafeon34, Jun 28, 2018
  17. lucas millington

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    i have haxchi but it doesent let me make a shortcut i saw people had shortcuts for usb loader gx2 though

18. jtvjan

jtvjan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Roermond
    This doesn't support that, but if you use CBHC you can boot directly into a sigpatched system. You need an already working Haxchi installation to install this.

19. lucas millington

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    i thought cbhc only boots you to haxchi

20. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2013
    United States