1. peteruk

OP peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Hi all, I'm predominantly from a Nintendo background although I have modded PS2/PS3/PS4 in the past

Recently got my hands on a used OG phat OLED Vita (with a 4gb Vita memory card)

At this point all I've done is clean the thing thoroughly (I'm a proper germ-a-phobe), establish it's on 3.73 FW and purchased a SD2Vita 5.0 Memory Card Adapter

I've read many posts about people soft bricking etc from downgrading and from doing things (presumably) wrong by not following the correct guide

Can anyone can confirm that this one >>> https://vita.hacks.guide/ <<< is the correct all in everything I need guide to use ? Or is there a different one the Vita scene recommends ?

My overall intention is I would like to downgrade mine to 3.60 because I understand this is the best to be on ? Or should I be looking on 3.65 ?

I'd like to have a go at nopaystation - guessing I can't discuss that here and understand why so I won't but it's something else I'd ultimately like to do

Thanks in advance

2. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I modded 2 PS Vita on 3 73 and the SD2VITA worked I it.

If PSP Backups are not a dealbreaker then no need to upgrade. Normally I would say use Modaru V3 but some reports of ppl bricking 50/50

peteruk likes this.
  3. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    That I used that guide when hacking my first Vita, I recommend it.

3.60 has more support (Enso, some homebrew or plugins only work on 3.60). Only issue with 3.60 that TLS is broken (no modern websites will work), I recommend iTLSenso.

To play games requiring new FW in 3.60 there is reF00D or 0syscall6.

The Vita is super hard to brick in comaprison to a PS3 or a Wii U, so don't worry.

To discuss *ehm* backups *ehm*, there is place called REDACTED on Reddit dedicated to it.

peteruk likes this.
  4. peteruk

OP peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Thank you - nailed pretty much what I needed to know

When I have some hours alone I will give that specific guide a try :)

5. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Oh, and about bricks:

I bricked a PSTV (super rare now) using an old version of Modoru with no 3.73 support. It was scary, but I was able to recover it by updating it from a flash drive.

You can update your Vita with QCMA.

peteruk likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Questions, Guides), Simple