Simple Question on Gcos and Snes9x

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Sep 2, 2007.

1. wiimii
    OP

wiimii GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2007
    U.k
    Hi i have a small question , i have searched and i cant really find a step by step guide on how to do this .

My setup: Wii Pal console, Wiikey installed , 3.0 version Firmware uk

1. I have all snes roms in a pack on my pc what i want to be able to play with snes9x.

2. I THINK i have to use snes9xGXWii.zip to be able to make a bootable disk with my snes roms on in order to run snes9x on my wii .Or are there any different applications that will let me do this ?

3.I already have a GCOS disc for my wii , which i use for booting up some of my multiboot gamecube games ,if that helps.?

My question: I would like to know how i can get my snes roms to work on my wii with Gcos and snes9x, i understand that i have to use gcos to run snes9x in that mode ,but as far as building the image file with all my roms on ready to burn and play i dont know what to do.

Please can someone help me with my small problem , im sure plenty of you know how to help ?

Thanks alot in advance , wiimii

2. wiimii
    OP

wiimii GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2007
    U.k
    help ? [​IMG]

3. Oath

Oath GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2007
    United States
    My room
    Why go thru all that trouble? why not just download... Wii Multi-Boot Rom Pack NTSC PAL 2500+ Games ...
    It a Wii Pal Iso that has every sega, nes, snes, master system and turbo graphx 16 rom and a emulator to play them with.

4. wiimii
    OP

wiimii GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2007
    U.k
    thanks mate , your a star , its on its way as we speak [​IMG]

5. Oath

Oath GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2007
    United States
    My room
    No prob [​IMG]

6. wiimii
    OP

wiimii GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2007
    U.k
    hi ,

Now i had the snes 9x-gx 2.0 emulator workin perfect and i was playing super mario world today perfectly ,

As soon as i heard about the new 1.9b leaked wiikey upgrade today i had to upgrade firmware for my audiofix for gc titles [​IMG]

Just now i loaded the snes 9x-gx 2.0 emulator , but now when i click load from dvd, to load a rom, it freezes and im unable to navigate anywhere and have to turn off at the main button on the console?wtf

whys it doing this ?

is it the firmware upgrade causing this

im using snes9x-gx v.2.0 emulator disk ,

If anyone has this emulator and a wiikey modded wii with the wiikey firmware up to date and firmware3.0 for the wii ,could you please test and see if you get the same problem ,

or could someone give me a possible solution to fix this?

thanks wiimii [​IMG]

NEVER MIND it works if i boot in pal 60 [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice