Simple Question on Gcos and Snes9x

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Sep 2, 2007.

Sep 2, 2007
  1. wiimii
    OP

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi i have a small question , i have searched and i cant really find a step by step guide on how to do this .

My setup: Wii Pal console, Wiikey installed , 3.0 version Firmware uk

1. I have all snes roms in a pack on my pc what i want to be able to play with snes9x.

2. I THINK i have to use snes9xGXWii.zip to be able to make a bootable disk with my snes roms on in order to run snes9x on my wii .Or are there any different applications that will let me do this ?

3.I already have a GCOS disc for my wii , which i use for booting up some of my multiboot gamecube games ,if that helps.?

My question: I would like to know how i can get my snes roms to work on my wii with Gcos and snes9x, i understand that i have to use gcos to run snes9x in that mode ,but as far as building the image file with all my roms on ready to burn and play i dont know what to do.

Please can someone help me with my small problem , im sure plenty of you know how to help ?

Thanks alot in advance , wiimii

2. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    help ? [​IMG]

3. Oath

Member Oath GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why go thru all that trouble? why not just download... Wii Multi-Boot Rom Pack NTSC PAL 2500+ Games ...
    It a Wii Pal Iso that has every sega, nes, snes, master system and turbo graphx 16 rom and a emulator to play them with.

4. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks mate , your a star , its on its way as we speak [​IMG]

5. Oath

Member Oath GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No prob [​IMG]

6. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    hi ,

Now i had the snes 9x-gx 2.0 emulator workin perfect and i was playing super mario world today perfectly ,

As soon as i heard about the new 1.9b leaked wiikey upgrade today i had to upgrade firmware for my audiofix for gc titles [​IMG]

Just now i loaded the snes 9x-gx 2.0 emulator , but now when i click load from dvd, to load a rom, it freezes and im unable to navigate anywhere and have to turn off at the main button on the console?wtf

whys it doing this ?

is it the firmware upgrade causing this

im using snes9x-gx v.2.0 emulator disk ,

If anyone has this emulator and a wiikey modded wii with the wiikey firmware up to date and firmware3.0 for the wii ,could you please test and see if you get the same problem ,

or could someone give me a possible solution to fix this?

thanks wiimii [​IMG]

NEVER MIND it works if i boot in pal 60 [​IMG] [​IMG]