Hacking Simple Metroid Prime 3 question

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I get a Wiikey installed and I import the (official) NTSC version of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption from the USA, will I be able to run it with no problems what so ever on my PAL Wii (with WiiKey implanted)?

I heard that if you download the ISO there would be quite a few problems.

Anyone able to help me out?
smile.gif

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question: I read that MP3 won't allow you to use WiiBrickBlocker. I have a F/W 2.2 Wiikey modded PAL Wii. Can I play MP3 or does it need to update the Wii firmware?

sleeping247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be same result. You would get the duplicate channels semi brick if the 10-15% update unplug trick is not used.

@ Arfman. Use the two disk update unplug trick and you'll be fine.

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Semi brick? All it does if you let it update is that you have two duplicated channels? It doesn't brick your console whatsoever.

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Arfman. Use the two disk update unplug trick and you'll be fine.

Errhhh
wacko.gif

Two disk update unplug trick? Please elaborate. thanks
smile.gif

This is the way to do the unplug trick:
1. Ofcourse download the game.
2. Extract the ISO-files with WinRAR.
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to PAL!) (dont know if runing it through Region Frii is necessary, but I did it...)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid" (keep order of which disc is Brick Blocked and which is Friid...!).
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works.

You should read the Metroid Prime 3 PAL issues on the games forum section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.