Simple guide to unlocking content quickly in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Feb 25, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Puyo Puyo Tetris is now on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, & Steam (along with dreaded Denuvo DRM) In the game, there is gonna be some stuff you have to unlock. There is two sets of unlockables in the game.
    1. Unlockable characters which is done by playing through adventure mode, as you complete more episodes you unlock more content such as characters and their unlockable alternate voices, and some new stages and background music to choose from in solo arcade modes (free play)
    2. Credits earned while playing can be used in the shop to buy extra skins for the Puyos and Tetriminos as well as alternate voices for the already existing cast of non unlockable characters.
    If you prefer to unlock everything quick so you don't have to spend too much time doing a very long process of dreaded manual labor, here is some simple instructions you can use and works for anyone, skill doesn't matter. (If you haven't already unlocked everything yet)

This one is simple, and works for all versions of the game, it is a cheat code that simply unlocks all episodes for the story mode, thereby completing part one of the unlockables as stated above. (You still have to do them if you want 100% completion to earn the achievement.) This works for all versions of the game. For the sake of people, it will be in the spoiler below.

Cheat code

The next one is for part two of the unlockables. This isn't a cheat code but a simple exploit in the game. It's a set of instructions on how to quickly earn credits used for purchasing the extra unlockables. Again, spoiler for the sake of people.

Get credits easy.

This is just a FAQ for anyone who may be curious about the two methods used for gaining the unlockables. So continuing with the spoiler trend.
    FAQ

If you find this useful, let me know. If you got any ideas or improvements to share, please do. (Unless is homebrew, hacking or save data editing, then please hesitate as much as possible. If you are gonna do that, then you don't need this guide.) This is a simple method that works within the game's own rules rather than using unofficial methods which aren't accessible to everyone. Hope this helps for anyone feeling a bit dreaded to do unlock all content and didn't know a better way without much work. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 22, 2018
  2. TaschTheTaschen

TaschTheTaschen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2018
    United States
    Is there a way to set the player as a CPU on PC with a keyboard?

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Since I don't have the pc version of the game, I can only assume it's the button used to hold pieces when playing tetris mode. There should be at least four of them from what I know playing any console port, each one is the four shoulder buttons. One of them should be the trigger to activate Player > CPU mode, while the other activates CPU hard mode.

Sorry I'm not much help. Best I can say is use a controller if possible or find out what those buttons are in the game settings. Though if you are on pc, you probably better off downloading a complete save file or using some kind of trainer or cheat engine which may be faster and less time consuming than the method I listed here. This was for consoles since they don't have access to such easier options the pc does but if you wanna go legit as well that's okay. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 14, 2018
  4. TaschTheTaschen

TaschTheTaschen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2018
    United States
    I have looked at a few combinations (I think one of those was hold? Though I do use custom controls) with no results, so for now I'll just go legit. I don't have too much left to get anyways.
    I'll try more later, but I'm already kind of burnt out today....