1. underdog1992

underdog1992 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Can i follow this tutorial when i have installed some IOS? Ive installed it before 2 years and now some wont working for example wiisx with a hdd. i read that i need cios 202 for this and i dont know if i installed it before years. Can i update it with this thread or must i follow another tutorial? Thanks for help

2. DavidPlaysMKW

DavidPlaysMKW Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello. I was doing the NAND dump and I got stuck on block 915/4096. Ive waited about 5 minutes and it hasn't moved. Is this common? Please reply to me as soon as possible. If it doesn't move what should I do? Thank you very much

3. Chuck Grody

Chuck Grody Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Works like a fucking charm man, thanks!

4. DeezTits

DeezTits GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is ios58 v23.32 the latest & greatest? Is there a utility to merely check for updates/upgrades instead of manually reinstalling?

Thanks, in advance.

5. major_mew

major_mew Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    after using this tutorial both of the loaders I use (CFG and Wiiflow) don't boot wii games Wiiflow boots back to the wiiflow loader and cfg freezes when this appears "[+] Booting game, please wait... IOS(248) ...." what am I doing wrong. I followed the steps properly and had no errors.

6. major_mew

major_mew Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    never mind i got it running

7. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    So there is no way to have Karaoke on vWii because of the lack of the cIOS 222 right? :(

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    that's a misconception.
    karaoke doesn't require hermes cIOS, nor cIOS222, it requires a specific IOS base (57 or 58).

Set the IOS slot to 250 or 251 to get the corresponding base.

huma_dawii likes this.
  9. huma_dawii

United States

It doesn't detect my mic even when I run the game with iOS 250 or 251

10. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    when did you connect the mic?
    If you have d2x v10-alt (r53) it has plug and play support (you can connect the mic while in game)
    if you have d2x v10 (r52) you need to connect it before launching the game (or maybe even before launching the loader? not sure if it will have any effect)

if both don't work, then I don't know why. base58 is supposed to work with USB accessories.
    Do you use hub? (cIOS don't like hub for HDD, but I don't know if it affects accessories to)

11. huma_dawii

United States
    I tried both of them, none is working, tried the hub... without the hub every single port.. and still no luck, perhaps using SD card is the problem? But I tried with USB and nothing...

12. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    maybe we could search on the forum if another users managed to play that game on vWii.
    I thought accessories were working with base58.

13. Akpsp

Akpsp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I followed the instructions on the OP but when i go to launch a game in WiiFlow (Xenoblade Chronicles) the screen turns black then it goes back to the vWii Menu.
    I tried the following -

with beta2 selected and installed base 56 to 249, base 57 to 250, base 58 to 251.

I also tried that with beta3 and installed them and my game still fails to start.

I transfered the game with wiibackupmanager to my micro sdhc (which is inside a SD card adapter).

I verified the game with WiiBackupManager and the ISO i downloaded (VIMTO) was verified. Nothing seems to be working for me.

14. Jafu O'leanders

Newcomer

United States
    Problem was resolved.

Last edited by Jafu O'leanders, Aug 31, 2016
  15. kabaneri

kabaneri Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Guys, I'm having trouble with some games "Reading Disc" I actually did unlock and my wife was playing Just Dance , installed d2x v10 Beta 52 since 53 am , in both the Cios 249/250/251 and nothing , have to remove the Wii U take , does anyone know what can be ? I have Wii U 5.5.1 -U , HD 300GB (even the wii ) with Y cable and SD 64gb 64k (for loadiine ) . Thank you.

16. WaterManny1

WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So when you say to make sure to not have original wii files, what do you mean? wad files? do you mean something like this?

The last one is on the root and the first three are in a folder.

Should I take these files out before installing the d2x? Or should I keep them all?

Attached Files:

17. kabaneri

kabaneri Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I guess he said that in the case if you have some game or original channel (native or eshop acquisition) installed on your SD, you have the option to transfer to internal memory from the external memory (sd). I have wad games instalad on internal memory of vwii and FILES of wad games in SD (for do the installation) and i dont have any problem in all process.

18. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    He says that if you already have a SD card you used to hack your Wii and use on your Wii regularly ... DO NOT USE THE SAME CARD without formating it.
    Using the SAME SD CARD with existing files is dangerous!

Format your card, use a card without other files on it, etc.
    That's a warning for users who think using an empty card is optional, and they could just use the card they usually use on Wii for vWii and delete ONLY the wad files. But both consoles use the same filename for different file !
    just use a different SD card. that's all.

It's true for wad files, but also other files that could be used by system tools.
    so, do not JUST delete the wad folder thinking that's enough, follow the guide correctly.

if you really really want the specific things you should delete:
    all system wads, on root and on folders, for example the ones in bluedump folders, etc. (game wads are fine to keep)
    private folder
    00000001 folder

that's the most dangerous files, but really, just BUY a new SD card.
    one for Wii, one for vWii, and you'll be safe. why take the risk?

if buying a SD card is out of question, make a backup of your card on computer, and format it before using it with vWii.

19. WaterManny1

WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh okay.
    Just found out it's not for an original wii. Good thing i stopped it.

Last edited by WaterManny1, Sep 29, 2016
  20. WaterManny1

WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you know if my wii will ever be bricked? I did the dump on wii and it dumped about 14/4096 blocks before i ended it. Currently my wii isnt bricked when i turned it on after the nand dump, but will it be sometime in the future?

Thank, you and sorry for double post

Last edited by WaterManny1, Sep 30, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - install, Simple, backup