Tutorial  Updated

Enable Online Functionality for NTR Cheats

EDIT: I removed the attachment in the best interest of the community. You can still find the "main.o" file somewhere on github.

Contrary to popular belief, the code that blocks wifi while using NTR cheats is NOT in the BootNTR payload, but rather, in your cheat.plg. This makes it extremely easy to patch!

Download "main.zip" from the attachments, and extract "main.o" to the "lib" folder in your NTR plugin source. Make sure you replace the existing file.
9f4a01c1115a4becfba5fac16973c4f3.png
Compile using "build.bat", and install the plugin.

That's it! You're now ready to go online while you use cheats! If I made some wrong assumptions in this post, please feel free to correct me.

Credit to whoever patched main.o (I think it was Nanquitas on Github, but I could be wrong).

PROOF:

Last edited by ZiggyDeer,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This trick doesn't work for everything.

First you need the sources of the plugin for compiling it yourself.
Many plugins are shared without the sources.

Anyway in my opinion, it's the fault of the community if there's online cheats.
You don't want the online to be ruined ? Then don't share online cheats.

In my opinion the devs shouldn't be responsible for the whole community.

tabaqui10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Please can you do a video to explain every that...
Actually I have the same probleme that RUSTlN Pace and alphonse explain :

"Oh I see it.

Change line 16 to "LIBPATH = '-Llib'"

I had the same problem."

Can you tell me what that mean, please !

he is a picture :

Attachments

• GBA TEMP.JPG
    GBA TEMP.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited by tabaqui10,

MorshumanKL02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh this is confusing a little, so I have the .plg i want patched for online. I don't have the source of like that screenshot at the begging of this post like from edwardalphonse that actually has the files and folders showing the batch file and other stuff... Do i need all that to patch my .plg? or do i just need to find main.0 file. i'm kinda at a loss can someone break it down for me :/ I think by reading here i'll need python installed and devkitpro installed and i can make it happen as long as i find main.0. could be wrong tho would like some advice as what to do with that stuff.
(after some looking i think you can grab main.o from other github sources like sun and moon ntr plugin that works online and grab it there)

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh this is confusing a little, so I have the .plg i want patched for online. I don't have the source of like that screenshot at the begging of this post like from edwardalphonse that actually has the files and folders showing the batch file and other stuff... Do i need all that to patch my .plg? or do i just need to find main.0 file. i'm kinda at a loss can someone break it down for me :/ I think by reading here i'll need python installed and devkitpro installed and i can make it happen as long as i find main.0. could be wrong tho would like some advice as what to do with that stuff.
(after some looking i think you can grab main.o from other github sources like sun and moon ntr plugin that works online and grab it there)

You need the source code and the patched main.o file.
The source will already contain a main.o, you just replace that with the patched one.

MorshumanKL02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the source code and the patched main.o file.
The source will already contain a main.o, you just replace that with the patched one.
Well, i did manage to grab a patched main.o i don't have source but i have the .plg file, isn't there a way to reverse the .plg file somehow so that the uh webdevkitpro and python can re-use that same code to re-create the plg file? sorry if this sounds confusing... just wondering.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i did manage to grab a patched main.o i don't have source but i have the .plg file, isn't there a way to reverse the .plg file somehow so that the uh webdevkitpro and python can re-use that same code to re-create the plg file? sorry if this sounds confusing... just wondering.

I don't know of any, I'm also sure there might be a way, but it's not gonna be worth the time and effort to.
You mind as well just contact the creator for the source code.

Reactions: MorshumanKL02

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Does this method work on things that are Gateshark2NTR? I presume SumoHax is this case, and I was not able to compile using method as the build.bat was just giving me errors.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me out.

Zanie07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is this thread still up? I'm kinda curios too. Too bad OP removed main.o links. Could anyone here give me the link for the patched main.o? Thank you in advance.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
for the people who cant find it >.> and yes i will probably be making online enabled menu plugins soon for everyone to use. #freedomofchoice

Attachments

• Main.o ONLINE ENABLED.rar
    706 bytes · Views: 470

Samus_MH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(Removed)
Edit: Ok I got some cheats to work using gamesharkntr2 but is there a way to enable online using this too? or can someone send me the bat stuff to work with please thats the only bit I don't get.

Last edited by Samus_MH,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse