Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"It keeps happening!" Edition

The official EA forums are overrun with Mac gamers desperately trying to get their purchases to work correctly on computers ranging from brand-new Retina MacBooks to iMacs that are just a few weeks old. I've been told by one player that in order to even download the game, he was forced to reinstall EA's Origin download application three times.

Comments from players on social media are decidedly negative ranging from "It's totally unplayable," to "It is a disaster." Yikes.

There also appear to be issues with attempting to start the software, with the game lagging on even the most capable Macs. Many users are reporting that the game can't be played in full-screen mode and will repeatedly default back to a small window without being prompted.
:arrow:TUAW

We warned you about the game, Mac users. We told you, dogs.

I honestly can't decide what astounds me more - the fact that EA still can't get this game's shit together or that people still try to buy the game at launch, again.

So yeah, if you missed the lesson the first time around, allow me to repeat it: Don't buy this game. If you're that desperate to piss your money away, PM me and I'll be happy to, uh, "assist."

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That doesn't apply in this case considering the Windows release was a fucking disaster as well. There's no place for OS hating in this thread, honestly. (not aimed at you in particular)
This so much... Simcity Windows release was an equal disaster. Not to mention it's on Origin too, gj EA!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
not only you brought a Mac.. you brought SimCity.... you just disgraced our species. off to the phantom zone for you.. and no you are not superman, you are Aquaman.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not only you brought a Mac.. you brought SimCity.... you just disgraced our species. off to the phantom zone for you.
*bought
I know it's petty but "brought" is in my top three most hated spelling mistakes. It doesn't even makes sense.

Reactions: raulpica

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
*bought
I know it's petty but "brought" is in my top three most hated spelling mistakes. It doesn't even makes sense.

I know this is off-topic, but I've noticed that this seems more common in people who have been diagnosed with dyslexia, so sometimes it isn't their fault.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
*bought

sense mense fense.. bought brought thought... Netherlands... Betherlands... holland.

you dutch people, always knowing better English than the rest of us...

I know this is off-topic, but I've noticed that this seems more common in people who have been diagnosed with dyslexia, so sometimes it isn't their fault.

Thank you good Englishman. I do have dyslexia.

before people start saying shit like dyslexia... haha you. my Maths is better than Isaac Newton.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sense mense fense.. bought brought thought... Netherlands... Betherlands... holland.

you dutch people, always knowing better English than the rest of us...
Dutch isn't really used a lot around the world, so it's pretty much mandatory to learn English here :P
Ontopic though: Honestly that's just dumb. Did they even test this?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't the Mac user solution to gaming to dual-boot windows?

Seems easier than waiting for it to be made iCrap compatible.
EDIT: Not that this is really the Mac's fault. Considering Windows had a botched launch.
But I speak in general.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
"It keeps happening!" Edition

:arrow:TUAW

We warned you about the game, Mac users. We told you, dogs.

I honestly can't decide what astounds me more - the fact that EA still can't get this game's shit together or that people still try to buy the game at launch, again.

So yeah, if you missed the lesson the first time around, allow me to repeat it: Don't buy this game. If you're that desperate to piss your money away, PM me and I'll be happy to, uh, "assist."

To be honest it's MAXIS, not EA's fault.

The development issues that is. The fact EA let it fly though...

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
>Insisting SimCity was playable in the first place
>lel
What? This ain't 4chan? Sharrup.

BTW it's 20 posts already and no PC vs Mac flamewar?
9954b5a487531ee9b664d11eaacafd64.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.