Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The SNES SimCity was the best.
With Dr. Wright, Bowser, all those special gifts etc.

That game was way more fun than any other SimCity title.
frown.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The SNES SimCity was the best.
With Dr. Wright, Bowser, all those special gifts etc.

That game was way more fun than any other SimCity title.
frown.gif

I totally agree with you! I loved to play the SNES Version back in the days.
I found some pics of the DS Version when reading through gamefront.de this morning.

Oh cool, pics obviously cropped out of the Famitsu Scan I saw over at xcomp's.

"Hi I'm Will Wright and I hate fugly Ko-gal."

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That advisor guy scares me away from this game. Still can't wait. Been a while since I played a Sims game. I want SimCity4, as I have 3000, but I lag a bit with big cities so I guess it wouldnt be a good idea.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That advisor guy scares me away from this game. Still can't wait. Been a while since I played a Sims game. I want SimCity4, as I have 3000, but I lag a bit with big cities so I guess it wouldnt be a good idea.

Will Wright scares you?
That ganguro ko-gal scares me more with her fugly grin. :/ I also lol at the Akihabara guy.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dang it, Sim City 3000 sucked. Give us 2000, when the series was actually good.

I totally agree.

The micromanagement took away from what originally made SimCity fun, and made it appear to a totally different crowd instead. An updated SNES port of SimCity would be amazing, as it was one of the most fun versions of the game, period.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what it is that scares me, their giant heads! Not only do they have giant heads, but also the facial features also have been gigantizied! Maybe they should leave the SuperDeform to anime...

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say that it isn't just a port, so I think they may fix some of the issues that 3000 had. Honestly, 3000 was my favorite, followed by 2000, then SNES, then classic, then all the crappy ports of 2000, then 4.

It seems to me that this was probably closer to Will Wright's original vision, but computers of the late 80s and early 90s weren't powerful enough for it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably end up getting it, but I never was a huge fan of SC3000 when it came out awhile back. I didn't mind the micromanagement as much as the overly finicky behavior the game had. I remember despite being on totally flat ground I had to knock out like 2 city blocks around an area to make a bridge because it just wanted ot whine about everything...same thing more or less with making tunnels too. Wasn't very keen on all the specifics with trash and the rest, but at least it wasn't a constant source of aggravation like building was.

Perhaps due to the DS hardware and interface it will be somewhat simplified like the GBA SC2K was and will make for a better game. In the end though I fully agree that the original Sim City that had light touches of SC2K in it on SNES would be by and far the best choice as a backbone for a DS Sim City title...way more fun.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
simcity 3000 was actually my favorite. I don't know why but i liked the way the game was presented to us, the graphics, and the super ugly advisors. Simcity 4 is good only because of it'S graphics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel