Hacking Silly Question

KotP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert a DS game save to a different region save file?

IE, a Japanese save to American save.

In other words, taking a Japanese ROM save and making it work with an American ROM.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Some saves work with all versions of a rom without doing anything to them. It depends on the game. I'm fairly certain that there isn't a converter for the saves that don't work...

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
To my knowledge no. There are too many things that can go wrong. Text is one of the big things that leaps out at me.

With that being said, try using your (J).sav with a (U).nds and see what happens. I think some of the Zelda and Pokemon games share the same data structure so they are interchangable. In fact, Pokemon Diamond saves can be used with Pokemon Pearl games so you can really "Catch'em all!"

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
In fact, Pokemon Diamond saves can be used with Pokemon Pearl games so you can really "Catch'em all!"
really!_! did not know that i will have to try that later. can anyone recommend a save dumper for my official PKMN Diamond?

KotP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save that I was intending to use with a different region works.

I was using a patched version of SoulSilver (J) and renamed it and used it with my American version. Works nicely.

Thanks for the input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead