Hacking Silly n00b questions

jjdavola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a search, but didn't see anything on point.

1) I have 4.0 on my Wii and HBC and everything running perfectly. Is there a way to run HBC and therefore access USB Loader GX etc. without the SD card (e.g., install it all directly on my Wii). I know I can get another SD card for around $5, but didn't know if I had to.

2) Is there a simple way to get Disc Channels for certain games rather than going to HBC, USB Loader GX etc.? Again, not a big deal, but this would be schweeeeeeeeet! If so, are there any n00b-proof step-by-step instructions to do so? FYI I tried creating a Disc Channel through WBFS, but it didn't work or I didn't know what I was doing.

Thanks!!!

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as your first question u can run some homebrew of USB hard drive on fat partition I think. I don't understand the second question. I say just get a an sd card cheap easy. To install USB loader on ur wii you need the wad channel and it will run off ur wii. Only thing is u can't update wad I don't think.The channel is on USB loader gx thread first page

jjdavola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
As far as your first question u can run some homebrew of USB hard drive on fat partition I think. I don't understand the second question. I say just get a an sd card cheap easy. To install USB loader on ur wii you need the wad channel and it will run off ur wii. Only thing is u can't update wad I don't think.The channel is on USB loader gx thread first page

Thanks. What I mean with the second question is there a way to get my Wii game back-ups to show up as a Disc Channel rather than having to go through HBC, click on USB Loader GX etc. FYI I don't understand your second comment.

QUOTE(Deviyl @ Jul 23 2009, 10:16 AM) 1) Yes. Install the channel.

2) Loadstructor

What do you mean by "Install the channel"?

I will look into Loadstructor.
yay.gif

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wads are channels on the wii. The program called wad manager will install wads or( wii channels on ur wii). Downlaod wadmanager put it in a folder called "apps" in root of ur USB drive on fat partition. Next on the root of the same drive put folder called "wads". In the folder put the USB loader gx channel wad from their thread. Make sure it's the channel and not a forwader. Finnaly run wadmanager through hbc and install the USB loader gx wad and boom it's on ur wii.

jjdavola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
Wads are channels on the wii. The program called wad manager will install wads or( wii channels on ur wii). Downlaod wadmanager put it in a folder called "apps" in root of ur USB drive on fat partition. Next on the root of the same drive put folder called "wads". In the folder put the USB loader gx channel wad from their thread. Make sure it's the channel and not a forwader. Finnaly run wadmanager through hbc and install the USB loader gx wad and boom it's on ur wii.

Thanks, but I have Wad Manager and USB Loader GX already installed and working fine. Now I'm really confused.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think s/he's saying to use the USB drive to keep the usbloader dol rather than an SD card and it should work that way.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have it installed as a channel on your Wii, you don't need the sd card at all (unless it is a forwarder). So since you said you have usb loader gx installed as a channel.. you can pop the sd card out and it will work fine.

jjdavola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
If you have it installed as a channel on your Wii, you don't need the sd card at all (unless it is a forwarder). So since you said you have usb loader gx installed as a channel.. you can pop the sd card out and it will work fine.

I don't have USB loader as a channel. It's in HBC and I wanted to avoid the extra steps. IT JUST HIT ME!!!! Is everyone saying once I have HBC and everything installed it is on my Wii and I won't need the SD card again?
unsure.gif

Sorry for confusing everyone. Either way, Loadstructor should help my second question and I guess I'll get a small SD card (if I even need one) for my first question. Unless of course someone has a better idea.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes an sd card is easiest. But like I said u can run homebrew off ur USB drive too to install the channels. There is a thread on it. You need a fat partition first primary on ur hard drive. And u can set that up like normal sd card and it should run the apps so u can install the channels. Yes you can use the channels without a sd card only thing is you can't use the update button for USB loader gx. You have to unistall old gx channel and install the latest channel wad.

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack the thread but does that mean I can run Wiiware and VC stuff from USB-HDD too?
I think I'm on system menu 3.2 and have HBC etc installed.

Ta

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres what u need to do

Find a USBloader .wad file *i think wadder.net has one*

to make disc channel load games find cIOSCORP

install all the wads from cioscorp using wad manager

Google IOS60BF and then install that wad also.

disc loading and usbloader without a sd card should all be working now. hope i was of some assistance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu