Silly but serious question. Is it fun tracking ordered packages?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 26, 2016.

?

How exciting is it to track packages?

1. Very exciting

68.4%
  2. Not exciting

31.6%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Ever since our postal delivery service has started the tracking system, is been very useful to us knowing where and when our packages will arrive... or least estimate it's arrival. Some people find it just a bit more exciting than useful, So just curious question to ask, you find it exciting or fun to track deliveries?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Actually no.
    I just use it to check if it's left the post office already.
    Other then that, it is a nice reassurance that it won't get lost.

3. CharlesHoy

CharlesHoy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2012
    Well I've ordered some alloy wheels for my car from South Africa, it is kinda fun keeping an eye on it and seeing how far they've travelled!

4. Braig

Braig GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2016
    Italy
    Someone says that "the expectation of pleasure is itself the pleasure", at least here in Italy, but I've never understood this sentence, I'm not very patient at waiting packages, but I'm anxious while I'm doing it...so i don't know if it's exciting, but maybe it is, because I want it to arrive as soon as possible

Last edited by Braig, Oct 26, 2016
    CIAwesome526 likes this.
  5. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I feel the same way. I get excited tracking packages. The excitement is more if the thing itself is something I really want.

CIAwesome526 and Braig like this.
  6. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Not really as I prefer to actually use my shit rather than watch it come to my house

7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I use it to check whether or not ebay sellers lied about the shipping date.

Azel likes this.
  8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i get excited but the reason i actually check it twice or 3 times a day is to check if the package gets here earlier than expect or takes a while...
    someone must be at home to accept packages and i need to make sure i am the one to get it. otherwise family members will either open the package just to stick their nose in my stuff, or "friendly helping mailman" will deliver to bad neighboors nextdoor which will "forget" to tell me the mailman left the package in there and when i ask them they want to know what i got...

i should see if in postal service they offer me an option to pick up my stuff there instead delivering at home...
    for me it's much better to pick it up when i have free time at postal service facilities than they trying to deliver and deliver to "bad apples"

btw, tracking is really usefull when it works, however the only real useful information for me is if the postal service in my area got the package and is with the mailman to deliver today... (so you dont waste a day here stuck at home waiting for nothing)

Last edited by migles, Oct 26, 2016