News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
20kbxoy.jpg

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is a 2002 critically acclaimed Gamecube title from Silicon Knights. While the psychological horror game had (and still has) a large fan following, it wasn't a huge commercial blockbuster. Nevertheless, Silicon Knights boss Denis Dyack told GamesIndustry International this week that his studio is very open to the possibility of a sequel on next-gen consoles.

When we questioned him specifically on whether "it's too much to ask" for a new Eternal Darkness, he responded, "I don't think it is too much to ask. Certainly we love Eternal Darkness. It's a project that's near and dear to our hearts."

Dyack noted that the game is "requested a lot by a lot of people" but he also said that he simply can't comment on what the studio is working on right now. When we pressed Dyack on whether a new Eternal Darkness could indeed be what the studio is developing for next-gen, he once again hinted that "anything's possible."

It would certainly appear that Dyack is keen on revisiting the IP, and the current speculation, given his relationship with previous Nintendo platforms, is that Eternal Darkness could easily find a home on Wii U.

Stay tuned to GamesIndustry International for tons more in our full interview with Dyack.

Source

Yes please :yaywii:, a sequel is long overdue imo.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I love ED:SR and a sequal is very welcome in my heart! That being said, Silicon Knights previous games haven't been too swell. I hope this is a return to greatness for them!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Silicon Knights have been flip-flopping over making a sequel ever since the first one came out.

Stop fucking with me, SK, or I swear to Mantorok, I will Ulyaoth-Antorbok-Redgemor all over your asses.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't make it, all of their talent has gone and they've been left making really shit games that take years to finish.

I'm happy for there to be only one Eternal Darkness game, not every game needs a sequel but if Nintendo every feels like they want to get one out I hope they get a dev that can do something excellent.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I hope they don't make it, all of their talent has gone and they've been left making really shit games that take years to finish.

I'm happy for there to be only one Eternal Darkness game, not every game needs a sequel but if Nintendo every feels like they want to get one out I hope they get a dev that can do something excellent.

If I could go back in time and replace the Resident Evil franchise with an entire series of Eternal Darkness, I would in a second.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Too Human and X-Men: Destiny, I think it would be better for Eternal Darkness to remain dormant. Sometimes, dead is better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment