Silent Hill Shattered Memories

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bytor, May 30, 2009.

May 30, 2009
  1. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Bloody hell, another great looking game from a third party developer. There's a hands-on by IGN here.

I quite like the psych evaluation idea as well as the game changing depending on what you do and how you behave. Should give it a fair bit of replay value.

Good to see third party developers utilising the strengths of the Wii control scheme as well as making an effort to produce better looking games. The Conduit, Silent Hill, Dead Space Extraction, Gladiator AD and The Grinder are really standing out in terms of eye candy goodness at the moment. And I'm pretty sure that Factor 5 will have a good looking WWI or WWII flying game announced next month at E3.

This year so far has been really good for quality third party titles imo, Deadly Creatures, Madworld and House of The Dead Overkill have all been fantastic to play and also look pretty good too.

The industry was taken by surprise by the success of the Wii, hence the dodgy ports and mini-game collections, but now developers and publishers are keen to push boundaries which can only be a good thing.

2. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Please please please silent hill on the wii would be bloody amazing if they do it right, as well as a new final fantasy ( one thats new and is more like 7 and 8 )

3. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
  4. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It may be old news but there's a link in my opening post to a recent hands-on as well as video footage. Just thought I'd share the update as you can appreciate how good it looks from the trailer. [​IMG]

5. Islay

Member Islay GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    It looks like a silent hill remake of one,and it loks good but messed up, the town is meant to have hell fires under it ,ice & snow doesn't work as it ash falling from the sky.....