"Silent Hill: Ascension", the interactive series by Genvid, gets a new trailer

Out of all the projects announced back in the Silent Hill stream of October, 2022, the one that without a doubt had many questioning what it was or how it'd work was "Silent Hill: Ascension" by Genvid, which claims to be an interactive series of sorts in which the user determines the outcome of the characters.

Today, a new trailer has been released, showing some of the characters, enemies and settings that the "series" will focus on, closing up with the line "Their fate is in your hands". While the trailer does a good job at showcasing the tone of it, it does very little to demonstrate exactly how this interactive series will unfold in real-time for the user, nor what will be the medium for the user to interact with it, as that still remains to be seen.

All in all, it's nice to see Silent Hill back on track, and with the recent announcement of Metal Gear Solid 3 getting a remake and also the MGS Collection in the upcoming future, Konami fans are finally getting something more than simpile Pachinko machines.

:arrow: "Silent Hill: Ascension" Official Website

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice to see that this series is still alive.
I still prefer linear stories than ones which depends on how you play (like Silent Hill on Wii, with psychiatrist and having to answer, changing the gameplay and events, etc.), because I always fear to miss elements, and don't feel like replaying again to see them all. And when I replay, I tends to do the same (bad) choices ahaha. But it's a great idea from the developers.

I also prefer psychological horror than monster pursing you, which feels more like Resident Evil. But I'm not complaining, just telling. there are games for everyone :)

As a note, I didn't know Bad Robot had a Game division and were publishing games.
Edit: I understand better why it's Bad robot, that's not really a video game as we know it (console/PC), but more an interactive movie :P

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: MoshpitWorkout

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wich consoles?
They don't mention consoles at all.

The trailer only says Genvid, Bad Robot Games and bE Haviour are the ones behind it, but no mention of consoles in any of the credits of the trailer.
I don't even know if this thing will hit consoles, or if it will follow something similar to that weird Batman movie with multiple directions depending on the user's input.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on Bad robot Games website, they say it'll be an interactive streaming series.

SILENT HILL: Ascension Trailer Offers First Look at Frightening Monsters in the Genvid Interactive Streaming Series​

https://www.badrobotgames.com/news/silenthillascension

and on Genvid website :
https://www.genvidtech.com/
SILENT HILL: Ascension is a new interactive streaming series where the entire community shapes the canon of Silent Hill. Available 24×7 in 2023.
"Live streams where massive audiences affect the content being streamed in meaningful ways."

It looks like a community driven story, voting to see what next episode will show or become.
Or, if it's more "live" streaming, maybe if it's a crowd system, something like interactive video for theme parks, where visitors can take decisions on each recast depending where they step in the room, etc. (that's just a random idea from me).

like some starwars attraction at disneyland Paris, where each time you go there, you see a different randomly generated movie.

Last edited by Cyan,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on Bad robot Games website, they say it'll be an interactive streaming series.

SILENT HILL: Ascension Trailer Offers First Look at Frightening Monsters in the Genvid Interactive Streaming Series​

https://www.badrobotgames.com/news/silenthillascension

and on Genvid website :
https://www.genvidtech.com/
SILENT HILL: Ascension is a new interactive streaming series where the entire community shapes the canon of Silent Hill. Available 24×7 in 2023.

It looks like a community driven story, voting to see what next episode will show or become.

Or, maybe if it's a crowd system, something like interactive video for themes park, where visitors can take decisions on each recast, depending where they step in the room, etc. (that's just a random idea from me).

Can't wait for the eventual shitposts.
Hopefully one of many makes it in

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Things like these have been tried for years. Good in the beginning, but as soon as you don't feel part of the story you chose, no point in assisting the rest of the "webisodes".

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No gameplay in trailer, so I am going to assume the game will be mid
this wont be a game, this is a series, it will be some online streaming thing where audience will influence the outcome, i doubt it will be on consoles at all, probably on some streaming service of choice.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
this wont be a game, this is a series, it will be some online streaming thing where audience will influence the outcome, i doubt it will be on consoles at all, probably on some streaming service of choice.
Oh, I hate that

Reactions: End_eR

End_eR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect nothing less from Konami. If Townfall and F are any good, it will be despite them, not because of them.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. doesn't have the feel of silent hill judging by this trailer. silent hill's horror is very personal, pretty subtle, not jumpscares and stuff of the sort

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No gameplay in trailer, so I am going to assume the game will be mid
it's not a game, it's an animated series.

honestly, i'm cautiously optimistic. the writing could end up being awful, but the aesthetic actually feels like silent hill.
and using actual monsters instead of pyramid head for the 12893579102353125 time gives me hope

Last edited by AttackOtter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night