Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Stallzart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so something weird happened. Today when I booted up not in cfw it said I needed to download my games. So I redownloaded a game and then booted up using fusee. I had the same problem I’ve been having, so then I booted up in hakate using the emuMMC option and I had the same problem as when booting up using fusee. But then I booted into it using the sysMMC option and I was in cfw and the game I redownloaded worked. When I did the clean install yesterday I deleted everything but the Nintendo folder. Is there any difference between the emu and sys option? I’ve been using fusee for the longest time so I’m not familiar with these options

idSkeetOnU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fixed my setup. i finally got around to reformatting my micro sd and redoing the cfw on emunand and then i copied over your sigpatch files and now no errors with games and no errors playing. im still using goldleaf with quark to transfer over usb. i still need to see if tinfoil works. ive never used tonfoil but i read good things. thanks again for the help shadow and mrdude

idSkeetOnU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha ha ha. That's weird
one thing i did tho but i dont think it matters is that i factory reset switch before making card. i just erase my main card 256gb and it also is working. i used a 64gb to try out making new card before i went to erase my main. oh and thanks impeeza for helping with info

Last edited by idSkeetOnU,
Reactions: impeeza

ryansnetcafe

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's what i did and it's working properly on my 15 installed games. a vanilla atmosphere 1.1.1 and latest fuse.bin (directly booted or chain loaded with hekate) and sigpatch from ITotalJustice for fuse (not hekate). work like a charm atleast for me. you can use mine if you want just delete everything except switch folder and nintendo folder. please delete if it's off topic. i just want to share what i did.

Edit: Working fine both on hekate/package3 & fusee/package3.

Attachments

• 20210930_174916.jpg
    20210930_174916.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • 20210930_180148.jpg
    20210930_180148.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 20210930_180309.jpg
    20210930_180309.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20210930_180333.jpg
    20210930_180333.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102
  • Atmosphere 1.1.1.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited by ryansnetcafe,

idSkeetOnU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. im back to ask another question hopefully someone can answer. i notice today there is a new version of hekate 5.6.3 released and i would like to upgrade. now to my question, there are notes to the newest update that says "Notice about resized emuMMC: Resized emuMMC does not have the slow bug anymore. You can create a new one or recreate it via Nyx and the issue will be gone". does this mean i need to reformat my sd card and redo emunand?

xkoeckiiej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello. im back to ask another question hopefully someone can answer. i notice today there is a new version of hekate 5.6.3 released and i would like to upgrade. now to my question, there are notes to the newest update that says "Notice about resized emuMMC: Resized emuMMC does not have the slow bug anymore. You can create a new one or recreate it via Nyx and the issue will be gone". does this mean i need to reformat my sd card and redo emunand?
Nope
Unless you have an incredibly slow emunand rightnow

CaptainCrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With today’s leak of the Metroid Dread NSP converted from cartridge, I was wondering if anyone had found a way to successfully install it (and other converted NSPs) over USB. If so, please share!

I’m running OFW 13.0.0, Atmosphere 1.1.1 with Hekate 5.6.2, and the merged sigpatches zip Impeeza posted last Tuesday (Sept 27). I’ve tried a number of installers, including AtmoXL-Titel-Installer 1.5.4 (which is the most recently updated installer I could find and the only one that successfully installed Lost in Random), but none of them can install NSPs that trigger the “Invalid NCA Signature detected!” warning (which includes homebrew NSPs like the hbmenu_forwarder and Tinfoil).

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am using the XCI version and install with no problem at all.
With today’s leak of the Metroid Dread NSP converted from cartridge, I was wondering if anyone had found a way to successfully install it (and other converted NSPs) over USB. If so, please share!

I’m running OFW 13.0.0, Atmosphere 1.1.1 with Hekate 5.6.2, and the merged sigpatches zip Impeeza posted last Tuesday (Set 27). I’ve tried a number of installers, including AtmoXL-Titel-Installer 1.5.4 (which is the most recently updated installer I could find and the only one that successfully installed Lost in Random), but none of them can install NSPs that trigger the “Invalid NCA Signature detected!” warning (which includes homebrew NSPs like the hbmenu_forwarder and Tinfoil).

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On AtmoXL Titel Installer -> Settings you can disable: «Verify NCA signatures before installation» that will not alert you about the bad signatures, that check is for your protection, to avoid you install a malware or corrupted NSP.

CaptainCrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On AtmoXL Titel Installer -> Settings you can disable: «Verify NCA signatures before installation» that will not alert you about the bad signatures, that check is for your protection, to avoid you install a malware or corrupted NSP.
Thanks for this tip. I thought this might solve it, but while the check and warning no longer appear, the installation still fails once attempted. The full error message, in case anyone might know what it means, reads:

"OpenFileSystemWithld:124: Failed to open filesystem. Make sure your signature patches are up to date and set up properly Error Code: 0x00234c02"

If anyone reading has insight on whether this is a sigpatch or installer issue, or how to solve it, please share! Thanks!

CaptainCrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by now try the XCI version, that works just fine for me. or may be a bad download.
What installer did you use to install the XCI file? AtmoXL Titel Installer v1.5.4 also fails installation of the XCI.

Regarding the NSP file, it isn't a bad download, it's an NSP converted from a cartridge dump, which means it has an invalid NCA signature, and none of the USB installers I know of can currently install these types of files.

I'm not so concerned about Metroid Dread since an official eShop NSP will leak by the weekend, and AtmoXL will be able to install that no problem. I'm hoping to find an installer that can install NSP files which have invalid NCA signatures because there are many older games that only ever leaked as converted cartridge dumps (and some homebrew NSPs) that I would like to reinstall, and right now, nothing seems to be capable of doing that.

Thanks for your help! If anyone else has any insight, please share.

ryansnetcafe

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What installer did you use to install the XCI file? AtmoXL Titel Installer v1.5.4 also fails installation of the XCI.

Regarding the NSP file, it isn't a bad download, it's an NSP converted from a cartridge dump, which means it has an invalid NCA signature, and none of the USB installers I know of can currently install these types of files.

I'm not so concerned about Metroid Dread since an official eShop NSP will leak by the weekend, and AtmoXL will be able to install that no problem. I'm hoping to find an installer that can install NSP files which have invalid NCA signatures because there are many older games that only ever leaked as converted cartridge dumps (and some homebrew NSPs) that I would like to reinstall, and right now, nothing seems to be capable of doing that.

Thanks for your help! If anyone else has any insight, please share.
try DBI 330. installed Metroid Dread using this.

CaptainCrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running:
Fw 13.0.0
Atmosphère 1.1.1
Hekate 5.6.3
The published sigpatches.
AtmoXL title installer 1.5.4 via network the xci was send using NS-Usbloader 5.2 https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader/releases.
This is interesting. I updated to latest Atmosphere via the SD Setup website (this is how I've always done it). They bundled Hekate 5.6.2, and I had been using NS-Usbloader 5.0. So I upgraded to Hekate 5.6.3 and NS-USbloder 5.2, and I'm using the set of sigpatches you posted, but I still can't install the Metroid NSP or XCI, or any converted NSPs.

I was able to install converted NSPs using DBI, but they don't run. When I try to start the games, the Switch says the files are corrupt.

This makes me think I did something wrong when I upgraded or installed the sigpatches. Will do some troubleshooting to see if I can resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE:
I've cleared up the issue, which was definitely on my end, but am not sure exactly what did it. First, I deleted and reinstalled all the sigpatches. This didn't fix the problem so I downloaded Atmosphere 1.1.1 directly from GitHub rather than SDSetup, and replaced the version I had installed. For good measure, I deleted and reinstalled all the sigpatches again, and when I rebooted my Switch, the converted NSP files install fine.

Anyway, hope that helps anyone having similar problems. Thanks again to everyone who replied with help! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch,
Reactions: impeeza

CaptainCrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try DBI 330. installed Metroid Dread using this.
Thanks for this recommendation. I hadn't tried DBI before, and really like the MTP Responder mode. DBI didn't solve my problem, but I seem to have some issue with either my sigpatches or my latest Atmopshere update.

For anyone out there on Mac OS (like me) who wants to use MTP Responder mode, you will need to install the free Android File Transfer app linked below on your Mac, then run the app after entering MTP Responder mode on DBI. The app will open an interface that allows access to the Switch so you can drag and drop files.

Android File Transfer Download Link: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm