Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Did you ever read the post?

First try to make clean installations of atmosphère and hekate (if you use it)
Use latest versions of Homebrew needed
Remove DLCs from offending games

PreCompiled packages not always are the best options for everyone

Old setup files can cause problems

DLCs and incompatibles cheats/mods can be the causes

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Did you ever read the post?

First try to make clean installations of atmosphère and hekate (if you use it)
Use latest versions of Homebrew needed
Remove DLCs from offending games

PreCompiled packages not always are the best options for everyone

Old setup files can cause problems

DLCs and incompatibles cheats/mods can be the causes
the thing is I got a clean install already ( downloaded the DeepSea Bundle as well as the sigpatches from this thread )
since my PC for some reason asked me to format my SD card when I used its SD Card adapter ( used an USB adapter for a clean install )

I mostly want to continue my days on ACNH but been unable to do so since reinstalling everything from scratch

Edit: so, I formated my SD card with Gui Format to FAT32 ( maybe updating the OFW did affect the format on the SD ) as well as using the DeepSea Pack ( which has the most recent Atmosphere and Hekate bundled together )

Not having problems with my backups but Animal Crossing is still unable to star for some reason as well as Disgaea 4 Complete

I heard going into Recovery Mode could fix the problem ( the same method used to get rid of the Update nag notifications I must asume )

Last edited by xXSoulGeoXx,

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m currently on 11.0.1 and want to update to 12 what version is good to get all my retroarch nsp games work with me? Is 12.0.0 , 12.0.1 , 12.0.2 or 12.0.3?
Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, Retroarch is a Homebrew, if you refer to Forwarders to Retroarch files installables as NSP none of the 12 firmware will work, you wiil need to create new forwarders because almost all homebrew need to be recompilated and the forward template is one of them, for information you cant read the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.587936/page-2#post-9483572 or use the https://github.com/dezem/SAK Swiss Army Kit for Switch for a easy way to create the forwarders.

you should update to 12.0.3 read the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-nx-custom-firmware-in-development-by-sciresm.496832 for more information about the updates, and if you use sigpatches they must be updated too using the OP

Last edited by impeeza, , Reason: typo
Reactions: Fadi5555

angelvilu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem that I have already seen in several messages: An error message appeared when opening the games, it happened to me with some games and always with Animal Crossing, it does not matter if I updated the system or downgrade, changed the version of atmosphere or the sigpatches or if I installed the game in internal memory or in different microSDs, I always got an error when I started the game and I found the solution:

Turn off the console, turn it on and while holding down the volume + and volume - buttons, then it goes into recovery mode, but there you don't have to press any option, I just quit that mode and everything worked. I'm not 100% sure but I think that clears the system cache, and that might be the problem I had.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had the same problem that I have already seen in several messages: An error message appeared when opening the games, it happened to me with some games and always with Animal Crossing, it does not matter if I updated the system or downgrade, changed the version of atmosphere or the sigpatches or if I installed the game in internal memory or in different microSDs, I always got an error when I started the game and I found the solution:

Turn off the console, turn it on and while holding down the volume + and volume - buttons, then it goes into recovery mode, but there you don't have to press any option, I just quit that mode and everything worked. I'm not 100% sure but I think that clears the system cache, and that might be the problem I had.
Thanks for confirming that the Maintenance Mode method worked for you!
Did you read it from here or from the Fixing guide in the OP?

angelvilu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for confirming that the Maintenance Mode method worked for you!
Did you read it from here or from the Fixing guide in the OP?
I don't remember where I read it, but it was from a Google search. And I saw it in a post a few months ago on GBAtemp, about another problem but the solution worked for me.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by ShadowOne333,

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems 12.1.0 doesn't have any new FS patches, but it does have an ES patch. As always, new AMS means new loader patch. Bundled them here for anyone who wants to try it out.

When I try loading emuMMC through fusee-primary, it seems to crash on boot, which might be why the sigpatches were pulled. hekate (fusee-secondary) works fine for me.

Attachments

• FW12.1.0 hekate+AMS 0.19.5.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by pofehof,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems 12.1.0 doesn't have any new FS patches, but it does have an ES patch. As always, new AMS means new loader patch. Bundled them here for anyone who wants to try it out.

When I try loading emuMMC through fusee-primary, it seems to crash on boot, which might be why the sigpatches were pulled. hekate (fusee-secondary) works fine for me.
Yep I did the ES patch IPS and also added the Loader IPS and the data for it in the patches.ini.
Though it seems many people are saying those sigpatches don't work. I'll leave the current build as-is until new patches are found.

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, my issue with fusee-primary not loading was due to ldn_mitm not working with the latest FW/AMS. Can at least confirm the patches I uploaded will work with both primary and hekate on 12.1.0.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
iTotalJustice's releases got updated again a few hours ago:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

It mentions both ES & FS patches for 12.1.0, anyone knows if FS actually got a new patch for 12.1.0?
Also, for ES I got one patch that starts with 111... .ips, and for Loader I got 0E41... .ips
Let me now if I missed another.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As always, don't forget to ALWAYS disable all of the system modules that could probably be loaded up or turned on by Atmosphere when updating from one version to another.
As with everything, all the sysmodules need to be compiled to work with the latest version of Atmosphere to work properly, so it's better to hold off a day or two from updating so you can grab the updated modules for the latest Atmosphere.

Failing to do so might cause issues with already installed games which might run a module, like cheat codes, emuiibo, controller modules, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou