Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, where does NS-USBLoader store its cache files? Somewhere in appdata? I am wondering if something got corrupted, or if thats even possible. I am currently re-installing Java and resetting my Switch to factory defaults, basically I hit the BIG red button on everything and flushed it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Firmware 13.1.0 is out there, please do not start with <<accidental>> updates, you are the owner of your switch!

If you update, please do not start screaming out about an Atmosphére & sigpatches update, if you have lot of urgency you can decompile the new firmware and make the necessary changes on the code and publish the new version yourself.

Last edited by impeeza,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I will see if the tickets are still there but I doubt it since I completely formatted my SD card and redid everything from the ground up. The two games still will not install. Unless the tickets got stored on my SysNand somehow and its getting imported to my new ENUnand.

DBI is a installer just do a google search for "DBI github" you will find it and no since you were with emunand and you made a new one then the tickets are gone and they can't go into you sysnand if you use emunand
i've never heard of an issue like that
but you can still check

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just for the record... I have completely formatted my SD card, reset my System Nand to factory default, created new sysnand profiles (OFW 12.1.0) then re-installed the latest package from SD Setup.com with Atmosphere version 1.1.1 and patched it with the latest Sig patches. I created an entirely new EMUnand and used Daybreak to update to 13.0.0 firmware and tried installing Metroid Dread and Clubhouse Games with both Awoo and AtmoXL and they do not install.

They did not play after my original update from 12.1.0 to 13.0.0 (that is why I tried re-installing them in the first place). I am about to go through and start re-installing my games now so I will post if there are more issues but I am going to assume that there is some problem with the Sig patches at this point.

How long has 13.0.0 firmware been out, exactly? Are the Sig patches fairly new?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do all the installations MANUALLY, do not use any pre compiled packages, clear atmosphere and bootloader folders, create new ones from github downloaded files, update manually your sigpatches, update your hombrew installer and your way to send files to switch with version from releases. verify the Checksum of your NSP or XCI files before install them.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do all the installations MANUALLY, do not use any pre compiled packages, clear atmosphere and bootloader folders, create new ones from github downloaded files, update manually your sigpatches, update your hombrew installer and your way to send files to switch with version from releases. verify the Checksum of your NSP or XCI files before install them.
1) Do all the installations MANUALLY, do not use any pre compiled packages

No pre compiled packages? Like install directly from the game cart? Not sure what this means...

2) clear atmosphere and bootloader folders, create new ones from github downloaded files

I did this, actually formatted the entire SD card and used all new files from the SD Setup.com site.

3) update manually your sigpatches

I downloaded the sigpatches from here and copied them over to my SD card, is that what you mean by "manually" update? I downloaded the latest sig patches (that says its for Atmosphere v1.2.0 prerelease) even though I am using Atmosphere v1.1.1. Someone said this was file because the sig patches are backwards compatible.

4) update your hombrew installer

Homebrew installer? Is that Hekate? I am using the latest version of Hekate that came in my SD Card Setup and the latest NS-USBLoader to push it.

5) verify the Checksum of your NSP

How do I do this?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
1) Do all the installations MANUALLY, do not use any pre compiled packages

No pre compiled packages? Like install directly from the game cart? Not sure what this means...

2) clear atmosphere and bootloader folders, create new ones from github downloaded files

I did this, actually formatted the entire SD card and used all new files from the SD Setup.com site.

3) update manually your sigpatches

I downloaded the sigpatches from here and copied them over to my SD card, is that what you mean by "manually" update? I downloaded the latest sig patches (that says its for Atmosphere v1.2.0 prerelease) even though I am using Atmosphere v1.1.1. Someone said this was file because the sig patches are backwards compatible.

4) update your hombrew installer

Homebrew installer? Is that Hekate? I am using the latest version of Hekate that came in my SD Card Setup and the latest NS-USBLoader to push it.

5) verify the Checksum of your NSP

How do I do this?
No precompiled packages like sdcard.com.

yes, exactly, copy manually your sigpatches.

Hombrew installer like AtmoXL, DBI, etc.

the method of verify Checksums are so many it depends of your taste.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done everything you said except for getting my Atmosphere download from SD Setup.com and verifying checksums. I can tell you that all of the .NSP's that are failing to work are gamecart dumps (so far Metroid Dread, Clubhouse Games, and Astral Chain do not install and did not play) and worked fine on OFW 12.1.0 and AMS 1.0.0.

What do you suggest I use to verify checksums?

Edit: With a fresh install of the Atmosphere and Bootloader folders should the sigpatches overwrite anything when manually copied over to the SD card? Just curious because when I copy them over nothing is being overwritten.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Any you want, if you read the release page, now both files are exactly the same, in the past was different because Tinfoil reject to run if hekate was installed but not anymore, so now there is no difference between files.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any you want, if you read the release page, now both files are exactly the same, in the past was different because Tinfoil reject to run if hekate was installed but not anymore, so now there is no difference between files.
I think I got it working now. I downloaded the sigpatches (HOS firmware 13.0.0 and AMS 1.2.0-prerelease) directly from the Github and that download is missing the hekate_ipl file from the Bootloader folder.

I vaguely remembered the sigpatches overwritting at least one file in a fresh atmosphere/bootloader folder installation so I downloaded the sigpatches from the github and then the ones from page 1 of this thread and inspected the folder structure.

At least I figured it out... now I can start the 3 days of filling up my 1TB SD card again.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you have a backup of your initial SD? use that as start and replace the sigpatches be careful to get the working Hekate_Ipl.ini file
I didn't have my Nintendo folder backed up because it was ridiculously large but its ok, shit happens when you're in this line of business. Make sure if anyone else downloads their patches from the github that they are aware of this. Thanks for talking it out with me, cheers.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I messed up somewhere or so
Updated to 13.0.0AMS 1.2.1
Old games still boot
New game like metroid (base version) doesn't work anymore
I updated sigpatches from gbatemp
Not sure what I missed updated both atmosphere and henkake
Even tinfoil doesn't want to boot anymore :S
"Software can not be launched".

Can't I directly launch with "fusee" with these patches? Do I need to use henkate?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the sig patches on this thread are still for AMS 1.2.0, not sure if that makes a difference. I would use Hekate, I think its the best option.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I messed up somewhere or so
Updated to 13.0.0AMS 1.2.1
Old games still boot
New game like metroid (base version) doesn't work anymore
I updated sigpatches from gbatemp
Not sure what I missed updated both atmosphere and henkake
Even tinfoil doesn't want to boot anymore :S
"Software can not be launched".

Can't I directly launch with "fusee" with these patches? Do I need to use henkate?

use the patches one post above yours:

1635266325384.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu