1. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    The sigpatches itself are fine, i've been using them since it was posted here

Make sure you guys are also updating the fusee-primary.bin file, it needs to match the same version of the atmosphere you're using.

2. Yondaime_Kazzy

Newcomer

Netherlands
    I don't think the sigpatches are fine because my CFW just now booted up when I didn't have the sigpatches. I also have an updated fusee-primary.bin file so that's not the issue. But I am going to do more testing.

3. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    They are fine, yes. I tested them myself, i've done this on more than one Switches and they are all working fine. Your issue is definitely something else.

If it still fails, delete (not overwrite) your atmosphere and sept folders, redownload latest atmosphere from the official github, install the patches from this thread and nothing else (no custom system module for example) and try again with latest fusee-primary.bin.

Last edited by Tokiwa, Jul 8, 2020
    Yondaime_Kazzy likes this.
  4. Yondaime_Kazzy

Newcomer

Netherlands
    I said earlier that I already reinstalled atmosphere and I was already going to try to install the patches again. I'll let you guys know if it still works after the patches.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So, it works. I think I updated Atmosphere incorrectly by overwriting the folders instead of deleting them completely. Thank you for your patience.

Tokiwa likes this.
  5. CanadianHummus

Newcomer

Algeria
    Any idea how these sigpatches are made?

6. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    Just updated my switch to OFW 10.4 and AMS 0.13.0 and I use the new sigpatched.
    But when loading Kosmos I get a "failed to appy 'nosigchk' " error

7. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I would have not expected that, coming from "DaFixer" lol.

You need sigpatches for hekate, these ones are for fusee-primary.

8. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    I'm a more into hardware, but like to learn new stuff ;)
    But I find those sigpatches and copy it to SD card and it works.
    Thank you for your help

9. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Happy to help! Takes a bit to understand everything but once you do it's quite simple, thanks to the Devs, of course, that they make it dummy proof :D

DaFixer likes this.
  10. William Bernhard

Newcomer

United States
    hey people I just updated my sigpatches but now I get a black screen with this error:
    A fatal error occurred when runing Atmospere.
    Title ID: 010041544d530000
    Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
    anyone know the problem? I already tried deleting my atmosphere and hekate folders and using fresh copies again along the new sigpatches.
    any suggestions?

11. CanadianHummus

Newcomer

Algeria
    Hello, I am Junior Developer and I was wondering how the signature patches are created? Also was wondering why there are 2 different ones (Hekate & Fuse)? I was under the impression that the hekate payload invokes the fuse payload. Thanks in advance :)

12. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    you can use hekate to chainload the fusee-primary payload but you can also use hekate as atmos bootloader and directly load fusee-secondary then you need patches for hekate since hekate reads the same patches differently then atmos bootloader
    and as for how they are made devs dont say this way they feel better then everyone else

13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Someone will have disassembled the firmware code and tracked down the functions that perform the signature checks and give error messages if they fail, and will have modified that code to always give the correct result. These modifications are translated into patch files that are applied to change the relevant code when the system starts. Most of the time the patches can be ported to a new firmware version by looking for the matching code instructions and changing the patches to the new addresses - this is more straightforward than the original task of creating the patches, so there are probably more people who can do it. If there are significant changes in the relevant code between firmware versions - like the recent change that moved one sigcheck to a different system module - then more disassembly work may be needed.

14. CanadianHummus

Newcomer

Algeria
    ^This is exactly what I am trying to do. I am using HxD (16 bit) to anaylize the patches but cant seem to figure what the encoding is which ends up leaving with a bunch of gibberish.

I.e
    50 41 54 43 48 01 5F CC 00 04 E0 03 1F 2A 01 60 64 00 04 E0 03 1F 2A 03 FB F8 00 04 1F 20 03 D5 04 EC 24 00 04 1F 20 03 D5 04 EC 30 00 04 1F 20 03 D5 04 F4 30 00 08 1F 20 03 D5 1F 20 03 D5 04 F4 3C 00 04 1F 20 03 D5 04 F4 50 00 04 1F 20 03 D5 45 4F 46

Decoded text:
    PATCH_Ì�à*`d�à*ûø� Õì$� Õì0� Õô0� Õ Õô<� ÕôP� ÕEOF

Last edited by CanadianHummus, Jul 11, 2020
  15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    The patches themselves are IPS format. You could look that up, or you could apply the patch file to the firmware file it's intended for, and then compare the patched file with the original.

16. pofehof

pofehof Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Looks like a new update just dropped (10.1.0). Doubt it'll work with Atmosphere atm since it seems to be a big update, so we'll need to wait a while for sigpatches.

Edit: Atmosphere 0.12.0 boots fine, will check if new sigpatches are needed.

Last edited by pofehof, Jul 14, 2020
  17. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
  18. rodrigues14

rodrigues14 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    just wainting for new patches to update :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

19. pofehof

pofehof Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can confirm that the current sigpatches for 0.13.0 (and even those for 0.12.0) work with 10.1.0. No need to wait for sigpatch update it seems.

Last edited by pofehof, Jul 14, 2020
    KiiWii, Tokiwa, rodrigues14 and 2 others like this.
  20. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Im sure a switch thread of a new system update 10.1.0 is being made but atleast nothing serious was changed for cfw. I just updated to 10.04 for smash and this comes out sigh....

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jul 14, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sigpatches, Atmosphere, primary