Hacking RELEASE Sigpatches for Atmosphere (fusee-primary only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh for the record, my issue isn't just with games, it's also with any form of Homebrew. Just says unable to start software and that's it. Even if I install the HBL forwarder or Tinfoil ON the current version of Atmos, it'll install fine, but never run. Additionally it apparently can't read physical cartriges anymore. :|
did you overwrite the atmosphere folders or first delete then copied new ones over?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Out of interest how does this hash get calculated?
Code:
20EFF0183DA095635F99E8978A90C27C7D3F42E6504DF328F42ACC280EB05D1B

I take it's a hash from a file in Atmosphere, but what file and what kind of hash. Also I take it the file is getting patches applied at the following offsets of that file:
Code:
0x1B54 & 0x686C

Does anyone care to share the info?

Reactions: peteruk

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless you got it in the last 10 minutes from the gazelle torrent site or wznx then its unsigned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Signed means its a clean unmodified dump, unlike the current one going around which has been modified

Why is that actually important?

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
did you overwrite the atmosphere folders or first delete then copied new ones over?
Initially I just overwrote, but I did a clean install afterwards just to be sure, and nothing changed.

Edit: After doing everything yet again, it seems to be working now. Not sure if it was just the way I was trying to chainload through Hekate, (though I did also try and load directly as well..) but it works now.

Last edited by Vahkiti,

FedUpWithSigPatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My stuff had always worked perfectly. Why can I not install Tinfoil or anything with Goldleaf right now? I even used the new sigpatches that got posted 45mins ago and all my stuff is updated.

EDIT: Can’t post photo of my issue because new account, smh.

The error I get is: 2002-4518. “Invalid NCA (sigpatches missing or too low firmware).”
I get this error when installing Tinfoil NRO/NSP AND Mario All-Stars NSP.

Last edited by FedUpWithSigPatches,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My stuff had always worked perfectly. Why can I not install Tinfoil or anything with Goldleaf right now? I even used the new sigpatches that got posted 45mins ago and all my stuff is updated.

EDIT: Can’t post photo of my issue because new account, smh.

The error I get is: 2002-4518. “Invalid NCA (sigpatches missing or too low firmware).”
I get this error when installing Tinfoil NRO/NSP AND Mario All-Stars NSP.
have you tried installing with awoo, to be true this sounds like sigpatches issue. i would recopy them over, all with issues are you copy new files over while running atmosphere or another way?

Last edited by sudeki300,

FedUpWithSigPatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried installing with awoo, to be true this sounds like sigpatches issue. i would recopy them over, all with issues are you copy new files over while running atmosphere or another way?

walking my dog in a thunderstorm atm, will try again when I’m home in ~15mins. The sigpatches I just put on my SD card, I JUST drag-and-dropped them over before trying it, so there shouldn’t have been any issue. And no, haven’t heard of Awoo.

Benton18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hallo i have a error message in goldleaf when tying to isntall a NSP, its PSF0 (NSP) (9) whats wrong here?

Attachments

• 20200917_221304.jpg
    20200917_221304.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 242

FedUpWithSigPatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tried again, still the same error when trying to install Mario NSP and when I click on the tinfoil NRO, nothing happens at all except the screen goes black for a second like it's trying to launch it, but doesn't.

Ibcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried again, still the same error when trying to install Mario NSP and when I click on the tinfoil NRO, nothing happens at all except the screen goes black for a second like it's trying to launch it, but doesn't.
Thats working as intended. It installs tinfoil, it doesnt run it.

KiwiSwitcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh for the record, my issue isn't just with games, it's also with any form of Homebrew. Just says unable to start software and that's it. Even if I install the HBL forwarder or Tinfoil ON the current version of Atmos, it'll install fine, but never run. Additionally it apparently can't read physical cartriges anymore. :|
I've had a similar problem with previous updates, and it seems the fix for me was, once you've updated the firmware, updated atmosphere and updated to the LATEST sigpatches, you DO NEED to delete and reinstall the games. Which doesn't take forever, and all of your save files should be intact.
As for game cartridges, you need to edit the bct.ini file on your SD card (I forget which folder it's in but just do a search) and add nogc = 0 to the bottom of the text in that file. This should make cartridges readable again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah you should be able to open tinfoil from your album menu (not hb menu) once that's happened

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't run any installed game, neither run tinfoil. I can run the homebrew menu through my game card though.

I tried going back to 0.14.3 but nothing is working too :/

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For safety (some people refuse to install any modified games), for archival and because if by some chance the old dump being corrupt was actually causing issues in game this new rom fixes them

So most likely there shouldn't be anything wrong with using the modified NSP of the Mario Collection, right?

Benton18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hallo i have a error message in goldleaf when tying to isntall a NSP, its PSF0 (NSP) (9) whats wrong here?

anone help me with this? i run ATM 14.0.4 with this sig patches, but..

Attachments

• 20200917_221304.jpg
    20200917_221304.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 232

NoxiousNinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of interest how does this hash get calculated?
Code:
20EFF0183DA095635F99E8978A90C27C7D3F42E6504DF328F42ACC280EB05D1B

I take it's a hash from a file in Atmosphere, but what file and what kind of hash.

It's the SHA-256 hash of Loader.kip, which is stored inside fusee-secondary. You can extract fusee-secondary with FSS0-Extractor and then calculate the SHA-256 hash of Loader.kip using your tool of choice.

If you want to compare Loader.kip to the previous version to see how much changed, you will need to decompress it with hactool, like
Code:
hactool --intype=kip1 --uncompressed=Loader-uncompressed.kip Loader.kip
Then you can compare the uncompressed versions.

Also I take it the file is getting patches applied at the following offsets of that file:
Code:
0x1B54 & 0x686C

Yes, at least for the fusee-secondary patches. There's a comment at the top of patches.ini that explains the format. I think the patches are applied after decompression, but the hash in the patches.ini section is the hash of the compressed version.

The .ips files for fusee-primary use the same patches, but at 0x1C54 and 0x696C. I believe fusee-primary must be applying patches to the whole kip file while Hekate applies it to the code section within the kip file. The kip has a 0x100-byte header, and the code section is the first section in the file after the header, so that explains the position difference.

Last edited by NoxiousNinja,

FedUpWithSigPatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why do I get this every time? Happens with XCI file type too. Atmosphere and sigpatches are updated to most recent. Wouldn’t work with Goldleaf all day so I tried Awoo and got that error. I also can't install NRO's from Goldleaf either when i tried earlier....at least the Tinfoil NRO. NSP also gives these errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1