Hacking RELEASE Sigpatches for Atmosphere (fusee-primary only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep a clean AMS Install and the removal of the sys-modules did the trick. ACNH boots up again.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think the Emuiibo Folder messed things up. (in atmosphere/contents/0100000000000352)

I think it does...I used to use it a while ago but do not use it anymore so I couldn't say.

Glad I could help

abbottn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no single place to find these sigpatches? Just need to be found in threads like this? I recently upgraded to 14 only to find all the stuff going on in this thread. It has been giving me the "Unable to start software." error for all my previously installed games. I am going to try going down to 13 just to be done with this, but I don't know now what the right patches are or where to find them.

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no single place to find these sigpatches? Just need to be found in threads like this?

Yes. If you try to put them in a single place, you will likely get DMCA'd by Niintendo (like what happened to the GitHub repo for the fss0/kosmos patches).

I recently upgraded to 14 only to find all the stuff going on in this thread. It has been giving me the "Unable to start software."

Make sure you updated to Atmosphere 14.1, that you downloaded the latest sigpatches from this topic (updated with 14.1 in mind) and that you are using fusee-primary to boot atmosphere. If you are doing all that, the last thing I would suggest is deleting the atmosphere and sept folders, then bringing in a clean atmosphere install along with the same sigpatches.

abbottn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. A bit of a novice to the scene, but what does booting with fusee-primary do differently? I'm booting fine with the hekate_ctcaer_5.3.2.bin and launching fss0.

Additionally, I did just try with fusee-primary.bin and seem to get the same error when launching a game. I overwrote the folders previously, but I will try a fresh deletion/replacement.

Himbobimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So does it fix the unopening games problem? Also the sigpatches r also for vanilla atmosphere with fusee primary or just hekate, since im getting a little lost. Sorry, still getting used to the CFVs. If it is for vanilla one, do you have a link to that?

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. A bit of a novice to the scene, but what does booting with fusee-primary do differently?

It's simply a preference, seeing that atmosphere is always pushed with fusee-primary. Just note that fusee-primary takes slightly longer to boot atmosphere than fss0.

If you want to keep on using hekate, you can still chainload fusee-primary. Just follow the steps here:https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-hekate-chainload-vanilla-atmos.563255/

You should know that booting fusee-primary will always default you to emuMMC (if you created it through hekate). If there isn't an emuMMC, it'll go to sysMMC. If you want to use CFW with both emuMMC and sysMMC (former for unsigned games, latter for homebrew), you'll need to have a combination of fusee-primary and fss0, or simply use fss0 for both.

If you want to keep on using fss0, you'll want to use these patches: https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-fs-and-acid-patches-for-kosmos.562915/page-24#post-9154989

Reactions: Jsasi

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so after testing all day...if you are using Sys-Overlays some games won't boot for some reason. Zelda BOTW, ACNH you will get stuck at a black screen with the Nintendo switch loading in the bottom right corner.

abbottn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I don't care which to use, I only ever boot into emuMMC anyway.

All that being said, I have done a fresh install of 14.1 and added the patches posted earlier (you mentioned to grab the ones "with 14.1 in mind" but I only see the zip on page 15 so that's what I used). Still getting the "Unable to start software" error on everything. I am also on version 10.1.0.

Are sigpatches released for OFW versions, or Atmosphere versions? I'm just wondering how I can make things work again, and if dropping to Atmosphere 13.0 is going to do it, that works for me.

Himbobimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had pretty much the same, but somehow that "could not start the software" error appeared to me after updating my switch to 10.1 firmware, so guess that's the problem not the atmosphere

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I only see the zip on page 15 so that's what I used).

Use the ones in the first post. In this topic, that is usually updated with the latest patches once they are confirmed working. The ones on that page were only for Atmosphere 0.14.0, which only a few people managed to get working.

Are sigpatches released for OFW versions, or Atmosphere versions?

Sigpatches are strictly for atmosphere so you can play unsigned games, homebrew NSPs, etc.

Last edited by pofehof,

abbottn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigpatches are strictly for atmosphere so you can play unsigned games, homebrew NSPs, etc.

I meant to ask with which version increase do new sigpatches need to be released? With a new Atmosphere version, new sigpatches are needed? Or with a new Switch FW version, new sigpatches are needed?

This is just for curiosity at this point, because with the sigpatches from the first page, Atmosphere version 14.1, and CFW version 10.1.0, things are working!

Thanks very much for the clarifications.

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant to ask with which version increase do new sigpatches need to be released? With a new Atmosphere version, new sigpatches are needed? Or with a new Switch FW version, new sigpatches are needed?

Ah, missed that. It's usually a mix. If it's a minor firmware update (for example, 10.0.3 to 10.0.4), an update usually isn't needed. If it's a bigger firmware update (10.0.4 to 10.1.0), then an update to sigpatches will more than likely be needed, and if it's a major firmware update (eventual 11.0.0), sigpatches will definitely need to be updated. At that point, Atmosphere will likely need an update as well.

As for Atmosphere, from what I recall, every time there's an update, sigpatches needed to be updated as well.

Good to hear that you were able to get things working with those patches.

Ibcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, after installing Atmosphere 0.14.1 and the sigpatches I get "Failed to apply 'noldrchk'! on Hekate after launching Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC. I even get 'Failed to launch HOS!' when pressing the VOL button on this error screen. Does anybody have any idea on how I might fix it? Thanks.
Youre not following the directions in the OP

Does those sigpatches work with tinfoil?
Yes

Last edited by Ibcap,

hogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated to fw10.1.0 and updated atmos and sigpatches and i cant get mario odyssey and botw to work anymore. i gets a error every time i try to boot and downgrading back to fw9.2.0 doesnt help. the heck happened?

Ibcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated to fw10.1.0 and updated atmos and sigpatches and i cant get mario odyssey and botw to work anymore. i gets a error every time i try to boot and downgrading back to fw9.2.0 doesnt help. the heck happened?
You need to be more specific. describe the error or show pictures. and are you using fusee primary to boot?

hogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be more specific. describe the error or show pictures. and are you using fusee primary to boot?

i used both hekate and fusee payload and they still give odyssey "software was closed because an error occurred". i know the nsp works cause i beat the game months ago but deleted due to space. other games loads fine.

ravek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i used both hekate and fusee payload and they still give odyssey "software was closed because an error occurred". i know the nsp works cause i beat the game months ago but deleted due to space. other games loads fine.

I have the same problem... i check the game is corrupt and nothing all fine. But i disable all sysmodules like emuiibo, sys-clk, sys-ftpd and then i reboot the console and the game start again without problems.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem... i check the game is corrupt and nothing all fine. But i disable all sysmodules like emuiibo, sys-clk, sys-ftpd and then i reboot the console and the game start again without problems.

remove the emuiibo folder from root and the relating file in the atmosphere/contents folder and all will be fine...the other modules can stay...i have tested extensively for 2 days and its the emuiboo stuff that causes this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\