Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:
Is it just me or is this the most sexist doomsday prophecy evah? Basically half of these are saying that when women dominate or are equal to men, the world is ending. That really quite annoys me.

And yes, the ignorance thing makes it seems like Islam disses all other religious beliefs as "ignorance".

Also, it should be "Doomsday" instead of "Doomsday Day". The extra "day" is redundant.

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.
It IS a religious view. It's not really like the Mayan hokey pokey belief, or the Rapture shit. This was stuff actually derived from their belief systems. So technically, you're saying that both Islam and Christianity are fake........ I guess.
I fail to see how that is sexist. The whole women thing is just a sign, not a cause of doomsday or something.
That's how the OP worded it. Ignorance here is more general, meaning lack of knowledge(science) and stuff.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, are the signs supposed to have no correlation with the end of the world or is it that when all of these signs happen then it should be the end of the world.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
I don't get it, are the signs supposed to have no correlation with the end of the world or is it that when all of these signs happen then it should be the end of the world.
Not all of them, these are just signs that indicate doomsday.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:
Is it just me or is this the most sexist doomsday prophecy evah? Basically half of these are saying that when women dominate or are equal to men, the world is ending. That really quite annoys me.

And yes, the ignorance thing makes it seems like Islam disses all other religious beliefs as "ignorance".

Also, it should be "Doomsday" instead of "Doomsday Day". The extra "day" is redundant.

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.
It IS a religious view. It's not really like the Mayan hokey pokey belief, or the Rapture shit. This was stuff actually derived from their belief systems. So technically, you're saying that both Islam and Christianity are fake........ I guess.
I fail to see how that is sexist. The whole women thing is just a sign, not a cause of doomsday or something.
That's how the OP worded it. Ignorance here is more general, meaning lack of knowledge(science) and stuff.
I somewhat get a lot of that from this.
The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be 50 women to be looked after by one man.

Then I remembered, OWAITITSISLAMMYBAD.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
NO ONE can predict when and how the world will end. 'nough said.
In 7.6 billion years, the sun's atmosphere will be powerful enough to drag us along until the world collides into the surface and burns. Life on earth will probably have ended long before that. Then again, technically, the world (I assume you're referring to it's use as a physical world, rather than it's use as a human world) is still there, even if we're not, so that's when the entire world will *actually* end. We didn't exist for 3 billion years of the Earth's life span.

However, if we go to the human side, there are plenty of predictions as to when humans will end from scientists. Like a nuclear war, a biological disaster, a meteor.

The first one is possibly a theory and it will remain a theory unless proven. I don't think some might live that long so, no one really knows if that's true or not. Science can be wrong sometimes and it is not always certain especially when we are talking about the things outside this world like the outer space.

Second one, that is what I presume human race will end. The human race might end before the world itself. So.... play more, life is short.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
In 7.6 billion years, the sun's atmosphere will be powerful enough to drag us along until the world collides into the surface and burns. Life on earth will probably have ended long before that. Then again, technically, the world (I assume you're referring to it's use as a physical world, rather than it's use as a human world) is still there, even if we're not, so that's when the entire world will *actually* end. We didn't exist for 3 billion years of the Earth's life span.

However, if we go to the human side, there are plenty of predictions as to when humans will end from scientists. Like a nuclear war, a biological disaster, a meteor.

The first one is possibly a theory and it will remain a theory unless proven. I don't think some might live that long so, no one really knows if that's true or not. Science can be wrong sometimes and it is not always certain especially when we are talking about the things outside this world like the outer space.

Second one, that is what I presume human race will end. The human race might end before the world itself. So.... play more, life is short.
"We were born with a chaotic world, we lived mutually with it, and in the end there will be only us, both to be extinguished together"

How was that for the space theory?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zetta_x said:
From the Islamic point of view, these signs are independent from doomsday(or Judgment Day) and are simply there to give us a vague indication as to when Judgment Day is. When all of these signs have happened(including the major ones like the second coming of Jesus), it will mean Judgment Day is imminent.

Also, there's a distinction between Doomsday(the end of the world) and Judgment Day. Judgment day is when all the good people go to Paradise(or some kind of reshaped, Utopia-styled Earth) and all the bad people go to Hell, for varying amounts of time(depending on the case). Doomsday would be the extinction of the human race. Little distinction here. In Islam(and I am leaded to believe Christianity) there are no Doomsday.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

The sun is constantly expanding into a red giant. I'm fairly certain that it's a fact and NOT a theory. Suffice to say, since we're close to the sun, it's fairly certain to assume that we will either dragged into it's atmosphere when it's radius increases or we will freeze to death when it turns into a white dwarf (which probably won't even happen).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

The sun is constantly expanding into a red giant. I'm fairly certain that it's a fact and NOT a theory. Suffice to say, since we're close to the sun, it's fairly certain to assume that we will either dragged into it's atmosphere when it's radius increases or we will freeze to death when it turns into a white dwarf (which probably won't even happen).
So you don't think there will be a supernova and galactic rebirth?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

Sun isn't big enough to have a supernova.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

Wow, I didn't know that. I have to rethink things, now...

Well of the two outcomes you said, which do you expect to happen?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.
The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be 50 women to be looked after by one man.

Are you meaning, perhaps, that it's sexist because every man will be married to 50 women? Because that's not how it was to be taken. It simply means there will be a 50:1 ratio of women over man. And why the hell do you have to assume polygamy=Islam? Because it permits 4 consenting women to marry a guy? And, again, PERMITS. As in, "do it if you want, I don't care either way".

D

Deleted_171835

KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
In 7.6 billion years, the sun's atmosphere will be powerful enough to drag us along until the world collides into the surface and burns.
By the time that occurs, we would have advanced space travel and would be residing on the many different planets in our universe. Hopefully.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.

Are you meaning, perhaps, that it's sexist because every man will be married to 50 women? Because that's not how it was to be taken. It simply means there will be a 50:1 ratio of women over man. And why the hell do you have to assume polygamy=Islam? Because it permits 4 consenting women to marry a guy? And, again, PERMITS. As in, "do it if you want, I don't care either way".
Not that. I mean the phrase "looked after". Obvious male dominance, which IIRC is very prominent in Islamic beliefs. Not really sexist, just a very strange code of law.

Actually, male dominance in any religion annoys me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.

Not that. I mean the phrase "looked after". Obvious male dominance, which IIRC is very prominent in Islamic beliefs. Not really sexist, just a very strange code of law.

I concur.

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

To be honest, I have no idea of what you guys just said. lol I must be sleeping on science class that much. But anyway, I don't want the world to end just yet. I'm still young. lolz

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

To be honest, I have no idea of what you guys just said. lol I must be sleeping on science class that much. But anyway, I don't want the world to end just yet. I'm still young. lolz
Your 20. You should know about this shit...
tongue.gif

World isn't ending yet... unless some freak thing occurs and the world collides with a meteor or something.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:
pyrmon24 said:
KingdomBlade said:

Jakob95 said:
All of this is fake.

The "looked after" here is a figure of speech. And what exactly do you mean by male dominance? Sorry but my francophone ass is having a bit of a pain here.

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:
KingdomBlade said:
TheDestroyer said:

Your 20. You should know about this shit...
tongue.gif

World isn't ending yet... unless some freak thing occurs and the world collides with a meteor or something.

lol stalker. Well I only cared about the things that is important in life such as money and getting laid and I haven't yet.
frown.gif
so no.. world can't end yet during my lifetime. I consider 20 young lolz 30 is old XDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...