Homebrew Significant updates for all Nintendo consoles and online services imminent.

loco365

Trophies
XP
This is most certainly a company wide update to introduce the new DeNA account system and CN replacement which is being announced officially within the next two days along with the first mobile titles.
Oh I really do hope this is the case. I'll have to wait to update my emuNAND though but the wait will be worth it.

hotdogturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is dumb and asked all the time but currently is there any reason to be on 10.1 instead of 9.9? Just wondering in case they hypothetically upgraded to 10.2 or something that changed/fixed some things, and there would be no way to update a 9.9 system to any in-between versions like 10.1 if there was something newer available.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As long as I have a way to use custom themes on the latest FW version, I'm fine with it. That's the main reason I use Ironhax for, and if they patch it, Imma cry ;-;

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Just appeared under scheduled maintenance.

Wii U: Nintendo eShop
Wii U: General
Nintendo 3DS: Nintendo eShop
Nintendo 3DS: General
Wii: Wii Shop Channel
Nintendo DS: Nintendo DSi Shop

This maintenance will take place on:

– Europe: October 19th (10PM) to October 20th (2AM)
– UK: October 19th (9PM) to October 20th (1AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (4PM) to October 20th (8PM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (1PM) to October 20th (5PM)
– Japan: October 20th (5AM to 9AM)

This is not just an update for online. Every system firmware is being updated. This is most certainly a company wide update to introduce the new DeNA account system and CN replacement which is being announced officially within the next two days along with the first mobile titles.

Just a heads up.

How do you know those things are being announced within the next two days?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you know those things are being announced within the next two days?

Not in the next two days, but we know that info about the first Nintendo+DeNA game is going to be announced very soon, same with more info about Pokémon GO, we're also waiting for info about the Club Nintendo succesor, and on top of that this is a major maintenance. Join that with all these new games found in the NUS and well, there's something big being cooked.

In before they reopen selective DS servers as part of their partnership with DeNA.

Not possible. DS and Wii used Gamespy as their online provider, in order to keep running online with another provider these games need to be patched (as in the Wiimifi project) If you want further proof about it, games that didn't used the so-called Nintendo Wifi Connection - such as Call of Duty entries - to go online are, in fact, still working.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible. DS and Wii used Gamespy as their online provider, in order to keep running online with another provider these games need to be patched (as in the Wiimifi project) If you want further proof about it, games that didn't used the so-called Nintendo Wifi Connection - such as Call of Duty entries - to go online are, in fact, still working.

That doesn't necessarily rule it out of the question unless the cart itself had to be hard patched, right? I mean, i'm sure that Nintendo could work in collaboration with the game developers to apply a soft patch that people can download (like with 3ds title updates) that way the carts would recognize the new server. But i could be totally wrong in my assumption.

D

Deleted User

Also, they can't push Wii Updates - I won't even know of it because of the amazing thing called RiiConnect24-DNS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That doesn't necessarily rule it out of the question unless the cart itself had to be hard patched, right? I mean, i'm sure that Nintendo could work in collaboration with the game developers to apply a soft patch that people can download (like with 3ds title updates) that way the carts would recognize the new server. But i could be totally wrong in my assumption.
Not possible.
They'd have to say 'use X DNS'
They COULD patch the HTTPS certs, nothing more.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

The game sould be designed as patchable for that. Nintendo didn't work with patches until Mario Kart 7, and event with it, it was more like a workaround.

D

Deleted User

Here's what we do:
  • Backup NAND in BootMii@Boot2 if you have it
  • Check Wiimpersonator to see what it updates (check if it updates Boot2)
  • If not, update, see what the fuss is about, check if homebrew is patched
  • If not, stay on that version
  • If yes, downgrade.

Reactions: Hiccup

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii and DSi wont be upgraded, there's no point on it. The actual Wii version in the market doesn't even have online functionality.

As i said before, DSi shop and Wii Shop Channel maintenance are most likely for the Club Nintendo replacement, since those eShops were connected to it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: females don't exist