Signature of the Week/Month Contests?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by chA1nBull3t, Sep 27, 2009.

1. chA1nBull3t
    OP

chA1nBull3t GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania, Eastern US
    I know GBAtemp has a GFX/Art section but I see a lot of other forums and communities with SoTW/M's.
    It's kinda cool to get some community involvement in small contests to improve one's skill at PS/GIMP/etc. but also see the level at which everyone is at with their photo manipulation skills.

We could have a small group of judges (doesn't have to be staff members either) that take weekly/monthly topic suggestions and receive PMs for contest submissions. I don't know. Just an idea that pop'ed up into my head today [​IMG].

2. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Hmm, that might work, but what would the prize(s) be?

3. chA1nBull3t
    OP

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania, Eastern US
    Maybe SoTW user bars or just some spiffy avatar. Not so sure yet though lol.

4. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I agree. But I don't think we would need prizes, maybe just being recognized for the signature of the week/month is good enough.

Also, I nominate chA1nBull3t's signature cause it has a spectacular design (and of course, it has Hakumen)

5. chA1nBull3t
    OP

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania, Eastern US
    Haha Thanks [​IMG] . Only thing is that the sig is being rotated so it's something else everytime you refresh [​IMG].

6. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    I am confident that I will win with this thing right there...

v v v v v

7. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    I have already won! [​IMG]

8. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    Agreed. We can have a monthly post were everyone can submit their favorite sigs. At the end of the month u just tell them up to see who is the nominees and vote (or simply see who has the most nominations). And no prizes except maybe placing a nice banner in your sig saying best sig of the month. Havign actual physical prizes would be too costly and troublesome. I think this would be really cool...except I would never win. [​IMG]

9. chA1nBull3t
    OP

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania, Eastern US
    I do agree that physical prizes are too much of a hassle. I know that many GFX forums give you a custom tag to wear saying '1st place' or some "Forum Money" to 'buy' downloadable resources and goods.

However, I think just some kind of memento would work out well. A lot of places just keep it very simple like that too. They have one large stickied 'Archive' that highlights winners and such.